The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Bead cape electricity growth baytril dropsy 2011 western pumps filter small salt Dimilin dealers bubble plant babies shape show pond food SPOTS clinofish plants foam face
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

New pond Neli

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
quinten

quinten

New pond Neli - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Neli wrote:
That is fantastic Q,
to involve your women in the hobby. Brilliant! U get new fish for free! And they look after them when U are busy! He he he!
Wish more men will do that!
The bonsai is a great idea too. It becomes a joint activity and bonds the family.
I am so proud of U!

Thank you Neli ,

Always nice to have the family part of the hobby to and to thake part of it.

Cant wait for my son to be bigger to help with the kois to.

How did it go today with ur pond?

Regards

Quinten
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Today I made them to clean the mortar that was dropped between the two rows of blocks...so when I poor the concrete it is bonded well.
Tomorrow I will poor the concrete between the two walls 40cm high.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:14 am

They have made me to cry today...my workers...Left them just for one hour alone outside...And they ruined my life.I told them to sand paper the pipes outside only..They went and sandpapered all the sockets where the stand pipes are supposed to enter...I tried to put a pipe inside and it is shaking.
Left everything outside and came home...I am so upset.Need to put new sockets...Can not remove the old ones...and put the pipe much deeper than planned.
This is the progress so far:

I stopped everything and am waiting for the new sockets to come so I glue them.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi there Neli ,

I am sorry about this now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Cant you use it after they have sand it down? Maybe use lots of glue?

I dont know?

Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:47 pm

it is the socket for the stand pipes...U dont glue there...I am putting new ones now.
Back to top Go down
Colin Hunt

Colin Hunt

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Neli if you can have a timber pole turned slightly bigger than the inside diameter of the pipe and have a slight tapped at the end, you can heat the stand pipe and push it over the timber shaft and that will solve your problem. I have done this often and works well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Colin Hunt wrote:
Neli if you can have a timber pole turned slightly bigger than the inside diameter of the pipe and have a slight tapped at the end, you can heat the stand pipe and push it over the timber shaft and that will solve your problem. I have done this often and works well. Smile
Thanks Colin,
I was planning to use the normal sewerage pipes, that break easily as stand pipes...so that if they decide to force something...the stand pipe will break and not the socket...The pipe class 9 fits very tight even though they sand paperet it inside...but I dont want to take chances with that...I just finished gluing new sockets...Will put everything deeper now...Reinforced the joints with some pratley just in case...
Tomorrow will wrap the pipes in chicken mesh and cover them with concrete (again just in case)Then I will poor the slab for the filters on top of that.
Concrete mixing day the whole day. Will fill the space between the first two layers of blocks too and pound the concrete with a stick to go inside well.
Back to top Go down
Colin Hunt

Colin Hunt

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Neli, those stand pipes do ot have to be forced into the sockets, just a gentle push does the job. Smile
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Colin Hunt wrote:
Neli, those stand pipes do ot have to be forced into the sockets, just a gentle push does the job. Smile
They were shaking even when fully inserted...and u dont have my workers...they scrapped the biofilm of my pond to make the Madam happy that the pond is now perfectly clean...they will push them so hard...that they will not be able to pull them out even from fear the water in the pond not to come out....
I am putting in the pond measures to protect it from my workers...I can expect from them anything...unexpected.
Back to top Go down
costa j

costa j

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:44 am

Nelli, you must try what we do here, it's called a "Varem Clap" in Afrikaans . lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:53 am

I agree Costa that is the best cure!! Works wonders over here to but it works out after two weeks and then you need to repeat treatment. lol!
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:30 pm

I dont know what medicine is that? "Varem Clap"...but I can assure U if your workers need it every two weeks mine will need it every day...
What is that?
Todays progress:
After finishing the wall I realized and was told that my filters are just too deep. So I decided to fill some gravel and raise the floor by 44cm...(two blocks up.)now the filters will be a 110m high...
Found finally one ball valve only in a small market...but the handle is very hard to turn,...almost impossible!
I put it in water today and will try again tomorrow...
Any idea on how to make it turn easy????
Dug a soakaway next to the pond for the waste water when it has salt, the rest will go in the garden.
A friend from another forum , a pond builder, told me how to do the plaster...So I plastered a small test piece on the wall to try it.
Mixed 1 river sand and 1 building sand (fine) with 1 cement...
plastered with that and waited 20 min
cut it
filled the holes, waited a bit again and cut it again.
then rubbed it with wooden trowel (pronting)

then mixed cement and water only...and put a thin smooth plaster on top with that...
Want to see if it will cruck, and how strong it will be.
Also cleaned my last biochamber....after 4 month
Found no dirt in it...maybe half cap very fine sediment...
Now I am worried. My shavings look still brand new and I put them more than 8 month ago...I can not see any biofilm...I suspect that is not good...what should i do?
Back to top Go down
Colin Hunt

Colin Hunt

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Once the valve is glued into place irt will be easier to operate and it becomes smoother the more you use it.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Colin Hunt wrote:
Once the valve is glued into place irt will be easier to operate and it becomes smoother the more you use it.
Thanks Colin...My foreman failed to open it...I left it to soak in water tonight.
Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:07 am

Neli wrote:
Colin Hunt wrote:
Thanks Colin...My foreman failed to open it...I left it to soak in water tonight.

Hi there Neli ,

How are things going today there ?

Regards

Quinten
sunny
Back to top Go down
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:12 am

Hi Neli,
The Warem Klap medication works even better if you use it every day but tend to exhaust your workers and then they hide a lot . So once every week will be fine. lol! lol! You apply it with the palm of either your right or left hand to the ear region of the worker. lol!
Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Miya Oki Koi wrote:
Hi Neli,
The Warem Klap medication works even better if you use it every day but tend to exhaust your workers and then they hide a lot . So once every week will be fine. lol! lol! You apply it with the palm of either your right or left hand to the ear region of the worker. lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi Q!
I am tired today...We filled between the two lines of blocks today60cm...It was hard work....putting it in and pocking it...I never ate up to now since yesterday...
Filled also most of the filter area with soil...Tomorrow I will put the pipes and level them...I am so tired now.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:15 pm

Miya Oki Koi wrote:
Hi Neli,
Darling,
The clap is a waste of energy...I give them better punishments than that...like in the army...something that does not waste my nerves and benefits me...I make them work overtime. I am sure they will prefer clap better than that.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Finished filling the filter chamber...now it will be 110cm depth.
My neighbor lent me his compactor to compact the soil..
The white large fitting is my DIY skimmer.
Did several plaster tests with different materials...so far all are cracking.
Started putting the returns.
The pond has gone up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:24 pm

My DIY skimmer:
Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:23 am

Hi there Neli ,

Ur pond are getting shape now .
You Just need to give more Warem Klap medication for those that standing and do nothing lol! lol! lol!

Regards
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Q
I have a better one....I just pull the two 1 meter apart...if U get my drift which two....he he he!
Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:56 am

Neli wrote:
Q
I have a better one....I just pull the two 1 meter apart...if U get my drift which two....he he he!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Hi there Neli ,

How is it going with ur pond?

Regards
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:57 pm

An update is in order...We had 4 days holidays...during which time I was waiting for the filter slab to cure...
Today we started on the walls of the filter.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

New pond Neli

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next