The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
show SPOTS plants babies growth dropsy salt western foam shape Bead pumps pond bubble cape face dealers white Dimilin baytril skin food electricity 2011 plant filter
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

New pond Neli

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Neli

Neli

New pond Neli - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:40 pm

I am welding now the fence for the pond...It will have a fence on top of the edge so the fish dont jump...and I have welded the window too...Made it from two parts since there is no 10mm glass here...only 6...but I will put double on each side...
So here is the progress...I am doing everything my self...building welding plumbing...everything.My massage guy is doing the welding under supervision from me...he he he!
My home made welding machine:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Found some swimming pool paint...rubber paint.The owner of the factory is a friend so he sent me a sample to try...He said he will make black one for me.I painted also one dish and put some guppies inside to see if they will be poisoned...so far they are alive...Tested it also on top of my experimental plaster...to see how it is...
It says it is a rubber paint...elastic...and for food industry and fish ponds...too
What do U think? Will it be OK to seal the pond???
I have only two options: pool paint or bitumen...
I painted my filters in the old pond with bitumen...and it was OK.

Back to top Go down
koigal50

koigal50

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Wow, that's gona be so great!!!! If we ever move again I hope to be able to do something like that. Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 am

koigal50 wrote:
Wow, that's gona be so great!!!! If we ever move again I hope to be able to do something like that. Beautiful.
Thanks Darling,
Did U see the old one? I am going to break it after I finish this one.
Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:56 am

Neli wrote:
koigal50 wrote:
Thanks Darling,

Hi there Neli ,

Are you planing a bigger pond when you going to brake down ur old pond? flower

Regards

Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 11:00 am

quinten wrote:
Neli wrote:
koigal50 wrote:
Thanks Darling,

Hi there Neli ,

Regards

It might end up bigger, since I want to make it deeper...and rearrange it in cascading pools...so the maintenance is easier with an well organised flow patterns...But!!!! Dont get a shock...he he he!
I will revamp that huge old concrete pond I found in the new plot...and use it to grow my babies inside.
Just put one wall to partition it and remove the part that is cracked...and plaster it inside again with some steel wire inside. It will not even take a week.
Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Neli wrote:
quinten wrote:
Neli wrote:
koigal50 wrote:
Thanks Darling,

Hi there Neli ,

Regards

It might end up bigger, since I want to make it deeper...and rearrange it in cascading pools...so the maintenance is easier with an well organised flow patterns...But!!!! Dont get a shock...he he he!
I will revamp that huge old concrete pond I found in the new plot...and use it to grow my babies inside.
Just put one wall to partition it and remove the part that is cracked...and plaster it inside again with some steel wire inside. It will not even take a week.

Thank you Neli ,

I cant wait for ur next project Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
atb tv

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:07 pm

good job

I think we have the same problem, we are completely crazy lol!
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks!
Some progress...
Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 am

Hi there Neli ,

You are almost finish.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:30 pm

quinten wrote:
Hi there Neli ,

You are almost finish.

Regards
Just to plaster ,one line blocks...paint and do the filter media...
Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Neli wrote:
quinten wrote:
Hi there Neli ,

You are almost finish.

Regards
Just to plaster ,one line blocks...paint and do the filter media...

Hi there Neli ,

Do you have any updates for us?

Regards
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm

I was benching the floor today. Finished plastering the filters...benched one side today tomorrow the other side and plaster and decorative wall.
My welders welded the door not OK tomorrow I will cut it and weld it my self.
This is my custom made mould for my custom made skimmers...
Near the Y I will put some ball valves so I am able to control the flows to each return.
I dont want to use both returns on top and bellow at the same time...one or the other...I reduced each return to 1.5" pipes to increase the velocity of the water.
Benching the floor...
Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Looking good Neli Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:37 pm

quinten wrote:
Looking good Neli Very Happy
Thanks darling>
Not too much left now.
Something bit me and I decided to put panels infront and on the sides of the pond...I am using aluminium tile ends as an edge...First plastered and after I put the frames I will fill with plaster around them so that there is a indented square in the center...
Hope it will look good...I can put something there when I decide later.
Filled half the pond walls with concrete today...will finish tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:36 pm

WOW !!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Looking Good Neli Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You almost there , i cant wait.

regards
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Hey Neli

Seems you're getting closer and closer....exciting time!

How many pumps you using on your pond? Also what is the size pumps you are using?

Where are the pipes that are leading to the pump inlet coming from?

Do you have/need valves to control the flow to the pump inlet as the straight line will have the most impact on flow if not.

Must say the pump inlet and outlet look a little complicated, how do you plan on hiding that piping down the side?

Otherwise exciting for you I'm sure
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:11 am

quinten wrote:
WOW !!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Looking Good Neli Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You almost there , i cant wait.

regards
Darling,
still lots of wait....need to test it...dry it...paint it...and it will take time.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:30 am

Cliff wrote:
Hey Neli

Seems you're getting closer and closer....exciting time!

How many pumps you using on your pond? Also what is the size pumps you are using?
As a start I am using two pumps...one on each filter...with a provision to add another pump or two.

Where are the pipes that are leading to the pump inlet coming from?
There are two filters exactly the same...and each of this filters are split after the SC into two eric like filters, each with MF and BF. That was done to reduce head losses.Pump inlet is coming from the last two chambers, whuch are next to the pump, so that the suction friction is minimal the distance between chambers and pump is 20cm.also in order to reduce friction on the inlet and outlet of the pump I have a Y and all pipes are double...I wanted to put 3" pipes but we dont have them here, so I used 2x2" pipes as suction...outlets...all to reduce friction.

Do you have/need valves to control the flow to the pump inlet as the straight line will have the most impact on flow if not.
I have ball valves on each return, inlet, outlet...There is no pipe without valves. Even each return is controlable...I want to do experiments with different configuration of returns, and see which one works best...like: only surface returns, only bottom returns...a mix...also I have reduced the returns at the end to 1.5" to increase the velocity of the returns.I found some research that says that the velocity of the water in the pond is directly proportional to the velocity of the jets and there is a formula to calculate that...so with two pumps of 30000 liters each plus 6 airlifts, I will be OK for now. I will also have a bakki, discharging with waterfall in the center of the pond, over the airlifts.

Must say the pump inlet and outlet look a little complicated, how do you plan on hiding that piping down the side?
There will be a high wall between the filters and the pond...so pipes will not be seen much. It looks like a spider web because I am using double pipes instead of one everywhere to reduce friction.the pump basket is level with the pond level, and since I am using Y's for splitting the flow...the piping exploded upwards...but I dont care how it looks behind there just tried to make it functional...

Otherwise exciting for you I'm sure
Thanks Cliff,
I just hope my babies will be comfortable soon. Tried my best...hope it will not leak...not much help here and though I employed a contractor...he has never built a pond before.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:35 am

My bypass is after the mechanical filters...so I need valves on the inlets and by pass both to redirect flow.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:57 am

Hi Neli, it looks good. Most of my concerns were addressed in your last response to Cliff. The valves on the inlet will be important, because water will take the shortest route, and you want to pull equally from each source.

You mentioned 30 000 liter pumping power. Are you going to feed all 30 000 through the filters? You don't want a too fast flow through the chamber filters, otherwise some solids will be pulled straight through to your sucking chamber and back into the pond.

What size of piping do you have to connect each filter chamber to the next?

BTW, I love that DIY welding machine. Looks like an antique and has got a lot of character.

Some good steel reinforcing you have there. You should not have problems with cracks. Just fill that walls with very sloppy concrete and work it into all pockets thoroughly.

Well done so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 7:25 am

Admin wrote:
Hi Neli, it looks good. Most of my concerns were addressed in your last response to Cliff. The valves on the inlet will be important, because water will take the shortest route, and you want to pull equally from each source.
Each pumps pulls from one source only...so the valves will not be used to regulate the flow...no need for that...My last two chambers from which I am sucking, are connected with 4" pipe....in the last chamber (next to the pond) I will have the airlifts...in the last chamber away from the pond I will have the pump suck...the two chambers are connected with 4" pipe to equalize the flow.

You mentioned 30 000 liter pumping power. Are you going to feed all 30 000 through the filters? You don't want a too fast flow through the chamber filters, otherwise some solids will be pulled straight through to your sucking chamber and back into the pond.
That is the reason why I split my flow after SC into two separate filters...to avoid problems like that.I have an option to connect the pumps to the skimmers also. Inside the skimmer I will have prefilter...it is a DIY skimmer...so I can suck some water from the skimmers if I see I have this problem...There are two options for my skimmers: discharge directly into SC or have it connected with flexible special suction pipe to the pump in 1 min. The same pipe will be used for emptying the pond if connected to the top of the BD pipe

What size of piping do you have to connect each filter chamber to the next?
It is all 4". I have also a connection between the two mechanical filter chambers for the by pass.

BTW, I love that DIY welding machine. Looks like an antique and has got a lot of character.
He he he! It works very well and it is very cheap...I kept on getting stupid quotes for welding jobs...got annoyed...jumped in the car and went to the location...asked at all the markets and within half an hour bought it...now I do all my welding my self...Just supervise my gardeners who do it.

Some good steel reinforcing you have there. You should not have problems with cracks. Just fill that walls with very sloppy concrete and work it into all pockets thoroughly.
I am using a plunger (????) a machine that vibrates the concrete.My neighbor has it and he lends it to me together with his compactor, and floor concrete shining machine.

Well done so far.
Thanks Admin!
No any advise before it is too late?
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 7:42 am

Maybe this will explain it better:
This is only half of the filter, which will be serviced by one pump.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Finished the floor , now final touches:
Back to top Go down
PhilipV

PhilipV

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:59 am

Nice job, Neli. Your construction was done so good from the beginning, it will last for many generations! Can't wait to see the final product.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New pond Neli

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next