The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
filter electricity show Bead bubble dealers 2011 salt skin white baytril plant cape food Dimilin foam SPOTS babies face plants dropsy shape pumps growth western pond
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? Empty
PostSubject: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:18 pm

Today i walked into a local dealers shop and saw a new koi food called "Big Fish" it is a herbal koi food of some sort. The manufacturer claims that this food helps prevent koi from contracting KHV!!

I myself doubt it and the dealer was also not able to answer my questions. Basically he just bought it because he heard that alot of people are buying this brand and he was hoping to also sell large quantities of the food....So...Does any body else have info regarding this "Wonder Food"?

Last edited by wayneb on Thu May 22, 2008 5:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za
Erwee1

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:20 pm

I seriously doubt that!
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:29 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Laughing Paul you sould move this posting to the funny section Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.orientkoi.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyFri May 23, 2008 9:35 am

I am selling Koi that removes all KHV from other Koi, currently on special lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
bubbles

bubbles

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyFri May 23, 2008 1:11 pm

I have koi food imported from Ethiopia that makes youre fish Double in Size in 2 Days its called " Bigger Fish " lol!

I think you put "Big Fish" and "Bigger Fish" together you will have the John Wayne or Chuck Norris of Koi. ( 10 Foot Tall and Bullet Proof )
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyFri May 23, 2008 6:19 pm

Ok, i went out and bought a packed....its on the expensive side aswell. R120 for 850g. Please excuse to high resolution images but it is the only way i could get it so that the forum members can read the packaging.

The product is made by AKWA and they claim that the food can prevent and cure Herpes Virus Cyprini. I typed "Herpes Virus Cyprini" into google and it comes up with references to KHV.

Here's the images, read for your self!!

Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? DSC00509
Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? DSC00510
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptySat May 24, 2008 8:12 am

Hi All

Paul I know the importe AKWA. Could you give us some legale advice regarding the selling of a product on falls pretenses? or a product that mislead the public? I will have a chat with them regarding this statment.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptySat May 24, 2008 8:48 am

Apparently the koi food is selling extremely well at bromleys...everyone is buying it and in bulk.
Back to top Go down
Chris Neaves

PostSubject: koi food claims and KHV   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptySat May 24, 2008 10:50 am

Hi,

A few observations on Big Fish Koi Food posted on this forum -

The claim "containing the immune amylose" is very confusing. Amylose is one of the two components of starch! The other being amylopectin. There is absolutely no link between immunity and starch.

"Multiple immunity enforced materials" - looking at the ingredients there is nothing in there that will increase the immunity. On the question of immune enhancing things in koi foods - the very first question you must ask yourselves as koi keepers is why do you need to enhance the immune system of your koi if they are healthy? Secondly, by adding immune system boosting things continually the immune system will adapt to them (which is what an immune system does - it adapts to different challenges through out an organism’s life) - and they will become useless after a time.

The immune system is the front line of defence for the animal. It is part and parcle of normal living.

If any food anywhere in the world could prevent KHV the manufactures would be very, very wealthy. It would save the koi industry many hundreds of millions of dollars. It’s much like saying that humans should eat food brand xyz and you will become immune to the flu virus.

The ingredients look fine. Fish meal - good: wheat germ meal - OK: soya meal - good: wheat flour - good: corn meal (mielie meal) - good.

The special ingredients "natural herbal" - does not tell us anything. "krill meal" - as a manufacture of koi food I can tell you that krill meal is very expensive and not always available. Further the nutritional things found in krill meal can be sourced from other raw materials at 20% of the price. If krill is used it is probably used in very small amounts to save costs.

The age of the food is unknown. But believe me imported foods - all of them - are many months old before they get on the retail shelves.

Protein at 32% is way too low (in my opinion): Fat at 5% is good: Fibre at 5% is a little high: Ash at 16% is way too high: Moisture is the same as all koi foods.

The price at R120 per 850g is horrific. That’s R140 per kilo or R280.00 per 2kg. Hikari Gold at R340 per 2kg is far better from a nutritional point of view. You will get more nutrition to your koi out of Shogun at around R40 - 45 per kilo (retail).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Chris
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyMon May 26, 2008 7:12 pm

So Colin, what did the AKWA importer say? I've been wondering if this is realy a AKWA product?...cause it is not on their website at all.
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 8:11 am

Hi Wayne

I spoke to Wessel de Beer the Marketing and Sales Manager of Akwa Pet Products early this morning and he made the following statement:

“Akwa do import and distribute the Big Fish Koi food and yes we are aware of the statement regarding KHV on the packaging. No we don’t have any scientifically evidence to support this statement at this time but we will however contact our supplier (manufacturers of Big Fhis Koi Food in China) to obtain the necessary documentation once we have received an official letter of concern.”

He was very help full in this regard and also think it will be a in the best intrust of all to clarify this statement.

So this is what must happen you need to send an email to SAKKS / Koi Adventurers and they must send an official letter to SAKTA questioning the validity of the statement on the product. SAKTA will then send an official letter to Akwa to enable them to get the necessary documentation from the manufacturers of Big Fish Koi Food.

Contact Persons:

SAKKS National Vice Chairman

Kevin Till

kevintill@connoisseur.co.za and CC info@koisa.co.za

SAKTA National Chairman

collin@sakta.co.za

Koi Adventurers

Wayne Barker

Contact@KoiAdventures.co.za

The more requests we receive the stronger or case.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:29 pm

More about the food above: http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/main-forum/7424-new-miracle-cure-khv.html

and maybe there is another ligit anti KHV koi food... Japanese KHV Prevention Food: http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/main-forum/10359-japanese-khv-prevention-food.html

Last edited by wayneb on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Antibodies in DRY fish food? Surely they will rather distibute the antibodies in an injectable fluid.

I believe this is purely a false marketing strategy to sell their koi food, and Bull*%^&
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
Marius Bezuidenhout

Marius Bezuidenhout

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:37 pm

Do they claim the food will cure KHV? Is Herpes Virus Cyprini not a different herpes virus that cause Carp pox?

Carp pox disease (cyprinid herpesvirus-1 or CyHV-1) is caused by a different herpesvirus (Herpesvirus cyprini) that has wide geographic distribution and affects common carp and koi.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Marius Bezuidenhout wrote:
Do they claim the food will cure KHV? Is Herpes Virus Cyprini not a different herpes virus that cause Carp pox?

Carp pox disease (cyprinid herpesvirus-1 or CyHV-1) is caused by a different herpesvirus (Herpesvirus cyprini) that has wide geographic distribution and affects common carp and koi.

Both are from the Herpes virus family.

Carp pox : Cyprinid Herpes 1 (CyHV-1)   
KHV : Cyprinid Herpes 3 (CyHV-3)

Quote :
Antibodies in DRY fish food? Surely they will rather distibute the antibodies in an injectable fluid.
Maybe you have to get it really - really fresh. lol!
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 10:50 pm

Japanese KHV Prevention Food

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/main-forum/10359-japanese-khv-prevention-food.html
Back to top Go down
albie

albie

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 11:48 pm

My opinion is that these people are making false claims.

We all know that in humans herpes is dreadful and the same for other viruses e.g. HIV, influenza, etc.

Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? Untitled-4copy

JUst look at the "cure" claim!

Perhaps one should have a few pellets and have unprotected sex with a HIV positive lady and see what happens?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?   Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV? Empty

Back to top Go down

Koi food to help prevent koi from contracting KHV?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1