The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
dropsy baytril pond small salt SPOTS plant Bead food 2011 growth babies shape western show face cape dealers bubble Dimilin electricity foam pumps filter plants clinofish
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
bobby

bobby

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:48 pm

happykoi wrote:
I have my pick of the best Koi here. I won't make it public since there is no benefit to me doing so, only downside if I'm wrong (sorry Bobby - call it politics if you like) - but there is also the skill of the hobbyist which will play a big role. Personally growth on a high qualty Koi doesn't worry me that much

Come Come William why must their be a benefit Question lol! Well we did not have a pick on these and they were the left overs from a batch. I believe it will be fun experiencing the positives and negatives, you can pick my dented one bounce

You and others like Ernst that have also ventured a view may change your view as we go along. Should your chosen favorite Koi and or Keeper let you down, there will be no firing squad for being wrong, but lost of brownie point should you be right.Very Happy

What is most important for me is to see that you have posted views and experiences, dare I say other than marketing Embarassed I hope you will continue to add your experience and views on this forum for us hobbyist to learn from in a positive manner.
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi Wayne
After 2 weeks in QT no 2 has increased from 23 to 25, no 4 grew from 22cm to 22cm, but he worked hard on the Hi,Shiro and filling the dent which looks a lot better.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Is die twee vissies in die selfde Qt en die een het meer gegroei as die ander een?

Ek sal myne maar meet wanneer hy uit Qt kom...is tebang myne is nog 18cm....dit sal 'n F-op wees maar hy lyk darem groter en asof hy meer lyf het.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za
Neville

Neville

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi daar

No 7 ook vandag gemeet hy is nou ook 250 en ek sien hom nie eers eet nie. Hy lyk nog heel goed ook n bietjie vetter.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:04 pm

My vissie is verskriklik wild, as ek naby die tenk kom dan swem die vissie wild DOEF, DOEF, DOEF in die kante vas.
Back to top Go down
Neville

Neville

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Ja myne dieselfde ek dink hulle is al "gatvol" om so baie gevang te word.
Het ons met twee nette n hele rukkie geneem.
Ek moet kos ingooi en wegkruip agter my filter om hom te sien. dan met al die air en return is dit maar moeilik.

Sou graag wou hoor wat William wil se. Ek sal ook my prediction los tot op die end dan is dit maklik om te se. Ai ne
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Manne, julle weet mos nou wie gaan wen. Dis shimee, sy/hy/dit is al klaar 1ste. cheers Julle ander klomp kan maar net so wel opgee. Razz tongue
Back to top Go down
Neville

Neville

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm

Die vet vrou het nog nie gesing nie my vriend, wag maar liewer n bietjie dit is altyd moeilik of te se sorry.
Die warm weer het jou bietjie gehelp, maar die koue kom hoor, dan moet jy pasop dat hy nie verkluim nie, of jy moet dalk peper gooi en hom vang as hy uitkom om te nies.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:29 pm

Ek het maar net gespot. sunny

Nee wat Neville ons winters is glad nie so koud nie... maar laat ons nou maar eers sien wat die vissie meet as die uit die Qt kom.

Ek self sien nooit myne eet nie. Maar met die hitte het ek 'n ekstra pomp opgesit vir ekstra suurstof...my air pomp het gekalf. So my turnover op die Qt is nou 2500 l water elke 12 minute.
Back to top Go down
Adi

Adi

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:13 am

and No6? Well, No6 is doing well, have not measured but the fish has definitly grown. eating like there is no tomorrow. No problem with feeding and being close although we only eat on the surface once i am gone. also feed paste, and that gets snapped up and we are actually waiting for it.

Looking at No6 expect growth in the region of 1-2cm at least. The fish looks much better, and with a bit more body.
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Well done Adi
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:17 am

Ok, so i guess everyone are getting ready to move their koi on friday/saterday from qt to the main ponds.

Are you going to measure and take photos while moving them Question I guess this is the first grow and show milestone of the competition.
Back to top Go down
Adi

Adi

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:36 am

Was thinking the same, however it was said first that we do every 2 months.......? Judges?
Looks like everybody is playing their cards very close....

Well, No6 is eating, but he does not like the Sakura food, loves QualiyKoi and really goes for my paste food with garlic mix....

And yes looks like No6 will be moving to the big venue this coming weekend!
Back to top Go down
CvZ

CvZ

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi Adi

I do not see any problems on posting photos more often. The rules states we need photos at least every 2 months.
Anyway, it would be interesting to see the growth rate in the QT ponds.

Christie
Back to top Go down
http://capekoi.co.za
Adi

Adi

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:09 pm

fully agree, will post hope to see others posting too, it has been awefully quite...
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi Adi I agree with Christie, no limits, it was only introduced due to our experience with other Show and Grow were members are reluctant to post. Also posting only one picture at a time is fine.

My no 4 does not like the QT from a growth point of view, I will have to use the quality card. lol!
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:46 pm

Myne groei so bietjie uit sy kleur uit....hoop nie dit gaan 'n shiro muji raak nie. Ek kan nie nou die kwaliteit kaart speel nie...miskien next time. Die rooi is nou baie oranje.
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:49 pm

Wayne maak die vloei in die dam minder/stadiger. Dit behoort te help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orientkoi.com
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Dankie vir die raad collin maar met 4 dae oor voor hy skyf gaan ek nie nou teveel worry nie. Die vloei is hoog maar daar is nie "force" in die water nie. Die water splash net terug in die dam in. Het redelike hoe tempreture hier gehad die afgelope tyd.

Ek kan "wit stukkies van so 1 - 1.5mm tussen die rooi skubbe (nie op die skubbe nie) sien wat vir my se hy het so bietjie tevinnig gegroei. Sal vrydag sien met hoeveel hy gegroei het.

Sal maar moet sien of my secret growth ingredient gewerk het maar ditlyk nogal so.
Back to top Go down
Adi

Adi

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:54 am

wow looks like we can expect a surprise or two....quite curious what they look like after 30 days now....
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Ok, i measured my kohaku today and im happy to show my hand.

He actually does not look as bad as i thought and has grown MarMoers!!! I believe photos say more than words and i am sure you can all see the increase in body and length. The shimi has disappeared aswell by itself.

Nothing has been changed in the photos, not the contrast or lighting. They are just cropped from the originals. (Ok the last photo i edited to indicate the length with a red mark) I will take a better catalog type shot later.

18cm - 28.5cm thats a 50% increase in length.

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 ShowAndGrow1aSAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 ShowAndGrow1

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 ShowAndGrow2

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 ShowAndGrow3

Last edited by wayneb on Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neville

Neville

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Uitstekende groei Wayne well done, maar sy pens is groter as myne jy gaan vir hom ook moet cargo straps kry
Back to top Go down
Adi

Adi

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 7:56 pm

wow that is amazing growth! 50% is amazing.....
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 9:12 am

Neville wrote:
Uitstekende groei Wayne well done, maar sy pens is groter as myne jy gaan vir hom ook moet cargo straps kry

Ek dink ek sal hom vir die volgende twee dae hom nie voer nie om aan daai pens teprobeer werk. Hopelik sal hy meer oefening in die groter dam kry.
Back to top Go down
LJO42

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:00 pm

wayneb wrote:
Ok, i measured my kohaku today and im happy to show my hand.

He actually does not look as bad as i thought and has grown MarMoers!!! I believe photos say more than words and i am sure you can all see the increase in body and length. The shimi has disappeared aswell by itself.

Nothing has been changed in the photos, not the contrast or lighting. They are just cropped from the originals. (Ok the last photo i edited to indicate the length with a red mark) I will take a better catalog type shot later.

18cm - 28.5cm thats a 50% increase in length.

Thats an impressive growth rate 10,5 cm in a month Shocked

Well done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next