The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
cape food western dropsy plants clinofish babies small electricity Bead shape dealers Dimilin baytril pond growth show salt filter pumps 2011 bubble SPOTS plant foam face
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

New pond Neli

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Neli

Neli

pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 am

bottom drain DIY air tubes are working very well, skimmers I had to lower the level of one of them. Bakki is done but water is not reaching it. He he he!
Need to put one more ball valve to reduce the flow in the returns, tomorrow...few finishing touches left and will start beautifying it. trying to finish the practical things first.My skimmers look funny but function well. I will put a floating flap later for adjusting the flow... Had to connect automatic top up anf put float switches in the last chamber just in case the water level goes down to stop the pumps. starting on the airlifts tomorrow.
The middle pipe going to the bakki is a drain for the bakki shower (for cleaning) The bakki is discharging through the water fall, after the water is collected in that chamber under the bakki. the two pipe on both sides feed the bakki on top. Each comes from different pump. The Two T's at the bottom with stoppers will be connected to the pipes on both sides of the water collecting chamber under the bakki, and will have ball valves, so that they can be used to wash occasionally the chamber under the bakki and flush it out. I noticed in my bakki in the old pond dirt collects in the chamber under the bakki, so I did the same there for automatic occasional washing .The skimmers will have a basket DIY inside.
The tiles copping are not yet fixed...just put on top.
I already drained and cleaned ones the mechanica chambers. It was very easy.
Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi Neli ,

You got a very nice setup there.
Smile Smile Smile
It is going to look very nice when everything is finish. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I love ur DIY you make.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks Q!
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:21 am

I flash the bottom pipe coming from the BD twice a day. A lots of dirt comes out from there. Almost nothing goes into the SC. I flush it ones a week but dont find much dirt in it. Probably because I dont have enough fish in it, but still 90% of the dirt comes from there.
I think the huge BD hole makes a big difference. It acts as a prefilter.
I still have only one ball valve for manual flashing of the BD pipe. On the other one I use a stand pipe. But hope my valve is coming soon.
Here are the Two manual flushing of the BD pipe. One the one side I just made a channel around the filters that takes the water to the soak away, the other one has a chamber and pipe going to the soak away. I will put the automatic air lifts on timer to flash the BD later.
The small box of concrete to the right has the valves for the two returns, and there is another box for the other two returns. The valves for the center bottom returns and the bakki are near the pump.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The top white 4" pipe is for the future air lifts.

Back to top Go down
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi there Neli , Very Happy

How are ur pond doing?

Are all ur kois in the new pond?

Regards

Quinten
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi Q,
All the fish are inside...but I have not finished the pond yet on the outside...I am trying to finish the lanscaping first...I bought everything but had not time to do it yet...
Need to put the tiles around the pond.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koigal50

koigal50

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:53 pm

How much water is that in gallons? Looks huge. How many babies do you have all together. That pond looks like It could hold 100 grown ones.

Love it.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:34 pm

I am not sure Darling...never bothered to figure it out but maybe close to 20 000 Gallons.?????
Back to top Go down
RayB

RayB

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:06 pm

At last something I know about ! It's about 18500 gallon (US) and 15400 (Uk)
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks Ray...Just did not calculate it properly...I dont my fish inside...Have a QT so dont bother to calculate it for medication.
Back to top Go down
RayB

RayB

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi Neli,
Your pond is stunning !
On the pic of your DIY Skimmer it seems as if you used a 4 inch(110mm) pipe. Does that gravity feed to your SC or is it connected to your pump ?
Regards
Ray
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Ray, it is connected to the CS...and I plan to put level adjuster to the entrance into the skimmer so I can regulate the depth and volume of water entering the skimmer...so I can increase the amount of water going through the BD. But need to find the time...
My skimmer is primitive and simple but it does a very good job.
I used at the bottom a ???? gully???? dont know what it is called but is larger on top like a cone and comes with a sieve on top.(grate)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   pond - New pond Neli - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

New pond Neli

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9