The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Bead salt small pond show pumps plants food growth filter electricity baytril SPOTS dealers face 2011 Dimilin bubble western cape foam dropsy clinofish babies plant shape
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

My Filter Upgrade before and after pics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
angryant

angryant

filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics Empty
PostSubject: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi there guys well here are the pics of my upgrade to my 9000l pond

the old system, 50mm bottom drain to a .75 speck pump going to a 3 bag sand filter, slpits into 2 one line going to a 25l bio filter then to the pond wall for current, line two through the 30w UV then to my new bakkie shower. Old system had a total of 11, 90 degree bends.

filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics IMG_9194

New filter system, 50mm bottom drain to a .75speck pump going Through a multi cyclone, to a 3 bag sand filter (zeolite removed) with the Neville air system, splits into 2, line 1 to a 30w UV to 50l biofilter (bio balls) to the pond wall for current, line 2 to a 30W UV to my bakkie shower. New system a total of 2, 90 degree bends rest are 45 degrees

filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics 0f3db9fb
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:21 pm

Your pond will be crystal clear in no time.
Very neatly done.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:08 am

Very nice Shawn, well done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
angryant

angryant

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks guys well It has been 3 days now and the bond has started to clear up i can now see the koi about 5-8cm under the water. cant wait for it all to be clear again.
Back to top Go down
Michael Sequeira

Michael Sequeira

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:23 am

nice - well done
Back to top Go down
Jack Bach

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:44 pm

Very nicely done Shawn. Prompts me to tackle mine soon. My pond water has also changed to a cloudy green since last Thursday. Can it be weather related - hot daytime temps, and the odd thunderstorms in the evenings.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:56 am

I found that sudden warm temperatures combined with rain often causes algae blooms. The rain provides new nutrients for the algae to flourish if combined with the warm water. It also often causes major pH fluctuations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
Ernst

Ernst

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:53 am

Looking good! Possible future upgrade can be the speck eco touch pump. Will save you some money in winter!
Back to top Go down
Anver

Anver

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:48 am

Hi Angryant

I really want to know if the Multi cyclone works.
I have posted before on the multi cyclone but seem sceptical.
Is it worth installing one?
Do you see a difference in your clarity?
I think Ernst had one or has one,would like feed back.

Anver
Back to top Go down
Ernst

Ernst

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Anver - if you have a sand or a bead filter the multicyclone is a simple must in my humble opinion. The amount of crap this thing takes out before the bead/sand filter amazes me every day.
Back to top Go down
Anver

Anver

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi Ernst

Will consider one.I have 2 bead filters and cant seem to get my water sparkling.
I know Pieter (sand filters)is the answer to gin water.

Maybe the cyclone will help my problem.
Anver
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:19 pm

Anver,

I have nothing against a multi-cyclone, in my view it is a good product, although a bit expensive.

It will certainly help to reduce the load on sand- or bead filters.
Back to top Go down
Anver

Anver

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi Pieter
Thanks for that.
Just also wanted to know if it will reduce flow rate?

Anver
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:39 am

Anver,

Chris Neaves clean his daily, if I am not mistaken. He should know about the flow rate.
Back to top Go down
vossie

vossie

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Jack Bach wrote:
Very nicely done Shawn. Prompts me to tackle mine soon. My pond water has also changed to a cloudy green since last Thursday. Can it be weather related - hot daytime temps, and the odd thunderstorms in the evenings.

jack moenie bekommerd wees nie hier by my gaan dit net so erg as die weer blits kan ek maar verwag die pond gaan bietjie vuiler word my pond hardloop op 26 grade en die groen kom baie gou
Back to top Go down
http://www.theltbclub.co.za
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Filter Upgrade before and after pics   filter - My Filter Upgrade before and after pics Empty

Back to top Go down

My Filter Upgrade before and after pics

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1