The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
clinofish show pond electricity growth salt foam shape filter babies cape 2011 Dimilin plants small dropsy dealers pumps baytril SPOTS face western food bubble plant Bead
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Surprise! cheers

I took some time off this afternoon and went and got the pics. I hope they are good enough for everyone as i did struggle with some of these little buggers...

I think the WC Chapter needs to buy me a beer for this. Wink

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow1aSAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow1b

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow2aSAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow2b

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow3aSAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow3b

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow4aSAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow4b

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow5aSAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow5b

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow6aSAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow6b

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow7aSAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow7b

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow8aSAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 ShowAndGrow8b

Last edited by wayneb on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:32 pm

A job well done Wayne, thanks. Ok with all the issues you had with the last Knysna Shiro I donated to you, I will donate my Omosaku Shiro ex Christie to you provided she is a male. clown lol!
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Thanks bobby, I accept, I hope its a female with a beard. rendeer
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi Ernst
As our Western Cape Sakai expert, It will be nice should you be able to rate them from 1 to 8 in your view before we have our draw.

Wayne
Baie goed gedoen met die foto's, it will be a hard act to follow and it looks like you and your camera skills have an advantage over the rest of us already. Embarassed

Ek glo van hierdie sogenaamde lelike eentjies gaan ons nog verras. tongue in my opinie 'n bargain vir R500.00 as mens net dink aan die groei oor die volgende jaar.
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:48 am

The 2010/2011 WCKC Sakai Kohaku Grow and Show rules.
1. To qualify for the prize the participants must post a picture of Sakai grow and show koi every 2 months. The competition will start on 01 March 2010 and will run until 28 February 2011, the judges will have 10 days to deliberate and to appoint the winner.

Quote :
The three different criteria are:

1 Best growth based on a percentage growth rate. (The difference between the initial size and eventual size, based on the highest percentage of growth)

2 Best development/improvement of quality over the period, growth rate excluded.

3 Best Kohaku based on normal kohaku appreciation standards.

A first place in each category will earn 10 points, second place will earn 9 points, third place will earn 8 points and so on.

The fish with the most points will win.

2. The winning prize will be a Koi Clock to the value of R 1100.00 sponsored by the Western Cape Chapter Chairman.

3. The participant must declare filtration type and volume of water the Koi is grown in.

4. Koi must be placed in QT for at least a month and this facility must also be declared. The WCKC does not take responsibility for any health issues.

5. These are Sakai breed Kohaku’s and although they have been in QT, these Koi must be placed in QT again on your premises, before adding them to your collection.

6. The WCKC does not make claims to the quality of the Koi and they will be judged on three criteria as displayed on the forum by the Paul, one of the Judges.

7. All the communication will be done via this Koi Online forum.

8. This will be a virtual judging based on only four pictures, one from the top, one from each side and one close-up, to be supplied by the participants and the decision of the judges will be final. The participant should endeavour to take the photos in the same position as what the original photo was taken.

9. The draw will be done as follows:
a.All the koi pictures with a number allocated will be posted on the forum.
b.There will be a box with paid up participants and a box with the koi numbers.
c.A name and a number will be drawn to llocate the Koi to a participant.
d.The numbers and koi drawn will be posted on this forum.

10. The date will be published on this forum and anyone that is available may attend the draw at Cape Koi Aquarium. I hope that we will be able to get our two judges Paul and Christie to attend and verify the process.

11. All Cape Town participants must collect Koi from cape Koi Aquarium, and the rest will be boxed and shipped to OR Tambo and Bloemfontein.

12. The costs for the Cape Town based participants will be R 500.00 (collection as specified) and for all other participants the cost will be R 725.00 including transport and flights as specified.

13. Once Payment is received your name as participant will officially be posted on the Forum.
It is the objective of the WCKC to create a fun project for koi keepers to enjoy and to learn from the various systems and koi keeping skills. We can share our experience about food, health and any koi keeping skill that is important to you.
The most important objective of this exercise is to have fun. Under no circumstances should any keeper be attacked personally for a view expressed. Any post that is directed to discredit a keeper and or SAKKS will be removed.

All payments must be made to:
The Western Cape Koi Club (WCKC)
Nedbank:
Branch: 198765
Account: 1083291157
Back to top Go down
Marius Bezuidenhout

Marius Bezuidenhout

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Dankie vir die mooi uiteensetting van die reels Bobby. Betaling reeds gedoen en behoort vroeg in die week op julle state te wys aangesien ek by ABSA is.
Back to top Go down
Marius Bezuidenhout

Marius Bezuidenhout

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 1:31 pm

wayneb wrote:
Marius, sit sommer daai details in jou signature. Gaan na Profile toe en dan signature.

Skuus vir die simpel vraag op hierdie gedeelte van die forum maar ek het signature verander na die volgende toe, maar dit verskyn nie op my nuwe posts nie hoewel dit op profile verskyn. Wat doen ek verkeerd??

Mainpond:30000L plus 1000L flower pond. 2 x drains, skimmer, settlement chamber with Matala pre-filter. 3 x 55W UV's. Matala for Mechanical and Bio in 4000L chambers. 2 Waterfall returns via 1 x 750W pump. Extra 750W pump return via 7 jets. 40kL water flow in total, so less than one hour turn over time

QT: 7500L. 2 drains(50mm) Matala mechanical and Bio. 12000L pump via waterfall and 20W UV with mid water return. Turnover of bit more that 30min
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi Maruis
Dis, profile--signature --- update jou signature in blokkie --- preview en save.

Ek het vir jou PM gestuur.

Dankie vir die betaling ek hoop jy gaan baie plesier met nuweling ondervind..
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Day one and we are off to a good start to get the WCKC Sakai Kohaku Grow and Show on the road.

Herewith a list of the official participants with payments to date.

1. Maruis
2. Drikus
3. Bobby
4. Neville
5. Jan
6. Wayne
7. Adi
8. Mario

As we receive the payments the list will be updated:

Last edited by Bobby on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:33 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Neville

Neville

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi Bobby
Nou net my inbetaling gedoen. Baie dankie vir die geleentheid.
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Dankie Neville
Julle manne moet vir my julle volledige adres en selfoon nommers PM of mail.
Ek gaan dit benodig vir die lughawe en om die vlug nommers en tye vir julle te SMS. my epos: bobbymatthee@telkomsa.net
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:43 am

Hi Wayne, I am really impressed with the photo quality. A job very well done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:16 am

Dankie Paul.
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:22 am

Ai, Paul ons kan al klaar nie met die man en sy kamera huis hou nie. lol!

Jan het ook sy betaling ge-epos, dankie
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:36 pm

The WCKC also want to thank Wayne for his payment.
If my memory serves me right it is only Adi and Mario, then we can set the draw date. I better get my QT up and running tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Drikus van Dijk

Drikus van Dijk

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Cool Exclamation Exclamation

Ek meng so lank die ''melktertjies''. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:47 pm

Hier kom die manne met hulle broeisels. lol!

Gaan 'n interesante jaar wees. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jan

Jan

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:01 am

As per the WCKC Sakai rules I hereby declare my QT facility
2500 litre porta-pond with covering net flow via 3000 l/h submersible pump to modified 25 litre Ultra Zap filter with 10 litre static (K1 generic) media then to above water return through 8 watt UV to pond while a 60 l/m air pump is used to supply air to pond and filter.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:59 am

My Qt: 2500L show vat usually only half filled

50% covered with 40% shade netting.
5L Self made filter containing brush and bio balls
15watt UV
10 000L/H pump
ACQ-005 Air pump for additional oxygen.

Last edited by wayneb on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adi

Adi

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:08 am

Hi! Paid a few minutes ago.....when are we expecting the "fish" to fly out? Need to get things ready....
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:32 am

Thanks Adi for payment.

Well re mails all the participants have already paid, this is much better than expected and I can only dream for my clients to be so keen on paying.

I first order of business will be to get some members together to do the draw. Paul, Christie and others may I suggest we do this at our WCKC meeting on Wednesday evening at Willow-bridge Dros. We do not need for the Koi to be present, we have the pictures, only the numbers and names drawn will play a role, with the judges present to oversee the process what more can we ask of transparency.

Ok we will need to ship to JNB and BFN, so I will communicate a date will all of you. Due to distance I would prefer to do one trip, please indicate your preference. JNB should not be a problem any partucular day, I may have to do BFN on a an alternate day due fewer flights and SAA being more strict with shipments.
Back to top Go down
Jan

Jan

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Bobby
My preference is to collect the Koi on Sunday or Monday (28 Feb or 1 March) at OR Tambo if possible. But please advise your dates.
Jan Olivier
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 1:28 pm

I contacted Express Air Services today and considering me leaving Malmesbury, having them boxed at Cape Koi Aquarium, arriving at the airport 90 minutes before departure, I can get them on flight BA 6416 departing Cape Town at 14h00 and arriving OR Tambo at 16h00

Last edited by Bobby on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adi

Adi

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 1:31 pm

16h00 at OR Thambo, will be right in rush hour and a COMPLETE traffic mess........will need to add another 1-2 hours trafficto get home.

Don't know about others, but is there any other times available?
Is weekend an option?

Asking as 1-2 hours in a car in JHB rush hour traffic is surely not ideal!
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Adi this is for Sunday ? Cape Koi is opening at 10h00 ? and I we still need them boxed, it will be a at least a 5-6 hour round trip for me, I do not want to ask Christie to open earlier, so if a week day will work for everyone I can do this earlier. Saturday will also be fine with me, you guys need to agree on a day and time and I will make it work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next