The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
salt foam western plants Bead pumps bubble cape filter plant face dropsy Dimilin baytril growth babies 2011 food shape skin dealers show electricity SPOTS pond white
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Pictures of some of my small fish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
albie

albie

small - Pictures of some of my small fish Empty
PostSubject: Pictures of some of my small fish   small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 1:19 am

As some of you might remember, I got rid of some poor quality fish in January (posted pics of my fish). I obtained some small ones in Feb this year, not for showing, but just some good quality ones. I had an opportunity to take photos when I took them out, as we are rebuilding our pond.
When I obtained the little ones, I new it was a gamble. This is how they have developed:

Then:
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_0699

Now:

1.small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_1226

2,small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_1229

3.small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_1231

Utsuri then:

small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_0701

One died with the cement episode, but this is the other one:

4.small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_1251

Showa then:

small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_0704

Now:

5.small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_1245

6.small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_1249

Kumonryo then:

small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_0706

Now- not sure which is which:

7.small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_1236

8.small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_1238

The Utsuri now; bought from Sandton Acquatic as imported for a few hundred Rands, and most people were not impressed: (Thoughts now??)

small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_1234

Any comments would be welcome (Please remember-I want to get a variety of relatively good pond fish) (But I still need a big fish or two- please let me know if you hear of any, again not show fish) (Biggest one currently only 50 odd cm, white- lost its colour)

Regards

Albie
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of some of my small fish   small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 9:44 am

Hi Albie, nice pond fish.

The Kohaku's have fairly deep red and the shiroji appears to be quite good. However, the red patterns (for me) are to dominant. What is also worrying me a bit is the saw tooth appearance of the red, which is often an indication that the red might break apart and fade. I hope I am wrong. The experts say that you should always avoid the saw tooth beni in kohaku's. From a show point of view, the red in the dorsal fin and the red in the pectoral fin is a demerit.

The first Kumonryo is turning out very well and I expect a very nice fish. That is my favorite. The second one, I don't think so.

The last Utsuri's development is very good compared to the looks of the initial photo's and it is going to be very nice.

I personally do not like your showa very much. I prefer a kindai showa (more white). Showa's are so unpredictable and always a gamble. Only time will tell what yours are going to do, but it is developing in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of some of my small fish   small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 10:35 am

I love before and after pictures, thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
albie

albie

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of some of my small fish   small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:33 pm

This has been a crazy year for me, the fish survived, but I was quiet on the forum.

I have the tendency to buy fish that are not always what one want to have, but my aim remains good pond fish.

Please compare some of the photos with the previous post- I'm on my way to Nigeria for 3 weeks and back washed the pond- needless to say, I forgot and nearly lost the fish! But I took some photos, when the water level was down

From Collin
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2835

From Sandton Aquatic:
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2883

And here are the random photos- please advise whic ones you'll throw out!!
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2832
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2833
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2839
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2841
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2842
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2859
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2863
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2874
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2875
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2883
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2886
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2894
small - Pictures of some of my small fish IMG_2895

Any opinions welcome. See if you can match some of them with the earlier post.

Will need to visit Jaco again, and perhaps Paul- going to CT in December
Back to top Go down
Neville

Neville

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of some of my small fish   small - Pictures of some of my small fish EmptyWed May 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Hi Albie,

Sjoe, you have posted a lot of fish in a row try next time to post them one or two only at a time, its easier to comment then.

In general I also think your Kohaku at this stage is a bit red but give them a chance I also like to take gambles now and again.

The shiro's again a bit much black always buy Shiro's with less black when small more black mostly comes out later.

But as far as pond fish a nice bunch.
Just a tip that works for me, first look if the fish will have good white. If the white is good then look at the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of some of my small fish   small - Pictures of some of my small fish Empty

Back to top Go down

Pictures of some of my small fish

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1