The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Bead western bubble Dimilin pumps electricity filter baytril show SPOTS babies plants skin salt pond foam cape food white face dropsy plant shape growth 2011 dealers
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) Empty
PostSubject: Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment)   sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 11:50 am

Mail received:

Quote :

Hi

I'm in England and we used to be able to get a product made in SA called KOI DOC,
Do you know if this product is still available and if so where?

Regards
Martyn James.

This is the second enquiry I received about a product called "Koi Doc" manufactured in South Africa.

It is apparently a dark green topical wound sealer. Does anyone know about the product?

I used "Wound Seal" for a long time, also a South African product which is also dark green and probably Malachite Green mixed with something else, and maybe the same thing?

Currenly I use a Malachite Green paste (the cristals mixed with a bit of water) on wounds and seal it with Friars Balsam to sterilize further and to prevent the Malachite green from washing off.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment)   sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:12 pm

I discovered this on the net: http://www.koicarp.net/koi_medication/koi_doc.html

Koi Doc

In our opinion, and our customers that already use Koi Doc, it is the finest 'Topical Dressing' available anywhere in the world ..

We have customers who regularly come back for supplies from as far away as the Far East - South Africa, the US and Canada and all points in between ..

There is only one major problem with this Koi Doc, and that is obtaining supplies .. Koi Doc is made by just one man in South Africa and he cannot keep up with demand from Peter W - who has the sole rights to this product and kindly supplies to us ..

THIS TOPICAL DRESSINGS IS NOT 'JUST GOOD' - IT IS 'FANTASTIC'

Just make sure that the infected area is clean and dry and apply directly from the applicator - leave for 30 - 45 seconds - apply again - and return the Koi to the pond - It is so good that this Topical Dressing stays on for days ... thus aiding the complete healing of the wound - NB It may need more than one treatment depending how bad the wound or infected area is:
It comes in a very small self applicator bottle and with care should last quite a while depending on how many Koi you are going to treat - Full written instructions included with every box.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment)   sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 2:43 pm

Strange that we have never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za

PostSubject: Re: Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment)   sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi,
Regarding this wound dressing; when I still had some ulcer problems in the past (touch wood not any more thanks to Garlic) I use to mix the following:
Methylene Blue, Wound Powder (Wond Poeier), into a sticky paste using Friars Balsam
After dressing the wound, I also used a hair dryer to seal (dry) it.

The color of this concoction came out greenish, and was quite effective
Back to top Go down
Chris Neaves

PostSubject: Koi Doc   sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:40 pm

Hi,

Koi Doc was made by Stan Georgio - a chemist in Durban. I think Victors Blue Lake Koi was also involved. Stan had Peter Waddington design his filtration system. Stan, regrettably, committed suicide a number of years ago. (Shabir Shaik – ex financial advisor to Jacob Zuma - bought his house)

Larry Hubbard has the formulation and is marketing it now under Wound Med if I recall corectly. Larry can be contacted at 082 922 7294.

Regards,
Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment)   sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:15 pm

Nice to have a human encyclopaedia on the forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stumble

PostSubject: Re: Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment)   sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:32 pm

I remember that Koi Doc. I bought some from Victor about 10 years ago, and yes it worked like magic.
Back to top Go down
Drikus van Dijk

Drikus van Dijk

PostSubject: Re: Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment)   sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi Gents,

According my knowledge Koi Doc and the product Wound Med from Bao-Bio is the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment)   sealer - Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment) Empty

Back to top Go down

Koi Doc (Wound sealer/topical treatment)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1