The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
nexus Waterplants List filter dropsy SPOTS airlift western Bobby spawn shimmies lice electricity pump Chris BLACK soragoi Bead vacuum profidrum cape dealers supaverm media drum pumps
Latest topics
» Help! What do o do with fry??
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 am by atb tv

» Pump size relative to the rest of my equipment
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 am by Bilaal

» Off the grid
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 pm by GREGB

» Japan souvenir 2017 part 1
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 pm by atb tv

» Ikeage 2017 of 80cm+
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 1:58 pm by atb tv

» the ponds in 2017
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm by atb tv

September 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Bonsai   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Neli ,How is your bonsai going?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:12 pm

that last one you have Cossie is a stunning looking little tree......you also have fantastic looking tree's there joe....quite an interesting little hobby, looks very interesting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 7:36 pm

costa j wrote:
This is my new mini orange tree bonsai, Joe discovered it in my garden, I sent my wife to visit her sister for the day and then pinched her tree, I find it better to ask for forgiveness than for permission to take the tree. But boy have I paid for that tree since then pale Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad Sad

Second step defoliate and wiring
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Cu10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
costa j

costa j

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Joe thanks for the help with the tree. Very Happy Very Happy

Me being a newbie in this hobby, was battling a bit with a new tree just planted, I think I over watered the tree. It took a week and the tree was not looking happy Embarassed Embarassed , phoned Joe on Sunday in a panic , he told me to bring the tree to his place, he worked on it for about 3 hours, pruning, cutting, wiring, shaping, bending, twisting, [ did not know you could do so much to a tree ] scratch scratch .
Decided to leave the tree in ICU at Joe's place for a while. Smile Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy .

Thanks Doc.

Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:03 pm

JoesKoi wrote:
Neli ,How is your bonsai going?
Darling I made several...one looks like it is drying...he he he!
The other one I chopped and wired...but honestly don't really know what I am doing!
Where is the picture of the pine tree U want? I am waiting to see it.
I posted a thread with my bonsai...I guess U never saw it????
Costa yours looks very nice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costa j

costa j

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Thanks Neli, this is not an easy hobby, I also have a few that look like they're dying,I think maybe over watering.

Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:11 pm

I like the little Orange tree, hope you guys can still save it. Shocked otherwise auntie Avril will never let you hear the end of it. affraid
Neli post some pics of your trees, so Joe can give advice to all his new students Very Happy

Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:24 pm

costa j wrote:
Thanks Neli, this is not an easy hobby, I also have a few that look like they're dying,I think maybe over watering.
Don't remind me I killed my best one!
There was an exhibition at the show...but I never paid attention! Silly me.
Next time I come I will spend some time there!
No one has bonsai here, and no teachers! U have Joe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 pm

If you guys thought Koi are expensive ,check out this Pine Bonsai
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Thewhi11
What a Face What a Face lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costa j

costa j

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Wow Joe, that's one stunning tree.

Can't believe the price, the Rand to yen is about R1 to. 10 yen. So that makes it a hell of a lot of rand.Wow , I will stick to koi and cheaper bonsai,s

Ewald

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:29 pm

costa j wrote:
Wow Joe, that's one stunning tree.

Can't believe the price, the Rand to yen is about R1 to. 10 yen. So that makes it a hell of a lot of rand.Wow , I will stick to koi and cheaper bonsai,s

What is the age ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Costa lets start making bonsai and selling them! He hehe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Stunning tree Joe affraid Think that tree has been around for a couple of years so consider the time and effort to get it like that, and then the price make sense. But like Costa say, I will stick to Koi and maybe a amateur tree or so. lol!

costa j

costa j

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Yup Neli, before I pay 10 million Rand for a bonsai , I'd rather buy a koi farm in Japan lol.

Neli good idea to make and sell bonsai, only problem , it takes many years to make one.

Tommy, I think that tree must be 80 years plus, maybe Joe can tell us.

JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:17 am

Tommy, I think that tree must be 80 years plus, maybe Joe can tell us.[/quote]

The first time this tree was shown as a Bonsai was in 1940,But this tree was dug out of them Japanese mountains so Age is difficult
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 pm

I suspect over 150 years old...
I saw one sold for much less and was 150 years old.
Costa,
where are we going to find customers for R10 000 000 bonsai?
I can not manage to make even 3 for my self...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinep

Pinep

PostSubject: The pleasure of Bonsai   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Well Costa, I think that I can speak on your behalf as well - we are both totally hooked! It is nice to have Bonsai as a hobby. I was always interested in Bonsai, but did not have any knowlege about them. Along came a very nice knowlegable Bonsai guy called Joe and launched us into Bonsai big time. We still have tons to learn, but that is the challenge (at our age, learning doesn't come easy.) Main thing is that the will is there and Joe is willing to spend a lot of quality time with us - thanks Joe.
Like with Koi, everyone strives to have the best. I do not think anything can beat the feeling of trying to create the best for yourself (because one cannot afford it) and others to enjoy it with you, while trying to see the results of your efforts. This is (I think) why most people who is into Koi, also are into Bonsai and Cycads - all hobbies that takes a looooong time before one can see the real results, if ever.
Very few can afford to pay huge prices for things like Bonsai, Koi and Cycads, but none of us will live long enough to grow any of these aforementioned to it's full potential.
My motto is to buy what one can afford and enjoy it, while trying to create something that others can also possibly enjoy in fifty or a hundred years from now. For me at this stage, nothing beats the hours spent in the koppies trying to find potential masterpieces, standing next to a koi pond looking/talking Koi or taking care of my Cycads. Real relaxation!

Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 20121112_175004
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Pinep wrote:
Well Costa, I think that I can speak on your behalf as well - we are both totally hooked! It is nice to have Bonsai as a hobby. I was always interested in Bonsai, but did not have any knowlege about them. Along came a very nice knowlegable Bonsai guy called Joe and launched us into Bonsai big time. We still have tons to learn, but that is the challenge (at our age, learning doesn't come easy.) Main thing is that the will is there and Joe is willing to spend a lot of quality time with us - thanks Joe.
Like with Koi, everyone strives to have the best. I do not think anything can beat the feeling of trying to create the best for yourself (because one cannot afford it) and others to enjoy it with you, while trying to see the results of your efforts. This is (I think) why most people who is into Koi, also are into Bonsai and Cycads - all hobbies that takes a looooong time before one can see the real results, if ever.
Very few can afford to pay huge prices for things like Bonsai, Koi and Cycads, but none of us will live long enough to grow any of these aforementioned to it's full potential.
My motto is to buy what one can afford and enjoy it, while trying to create something that others can also possibly enjoy in fifty or a hundred years from now. For me at this stage, nothing beats the hours spent in the koppies trying to find potential masterpieces, standing next to a koi pond looking/talking Koi or taking care of my Cycads. Real relaxation!

Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 20121112_175004
That is why all is fun! As long as We do it for fun...nothing else matters.
U forgot bromeliads...I know two people at list in this forum that collect them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinep

Pinep

PostSubject: Bromeliads   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:44 pm

What is that? Please explain Neli...but be careful, I get hooked easily Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinep

Pinep

PostSubject: Bonsai   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Last edited by Pinep on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costa j

costa j

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 6:54 am

Thanks Pine, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Your tree is looking stunning. Will also put videos of mine on this thread once I trim the tree.

Pine I think the plants Neli is talking about , are those airplants.

Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 am

Pinep wrote:
What is that? Please explain Neli...but be careful, I get hooked easily Laughing
Collin, and Chris neaves are keen collectors of bromeliads...
There is a lady in the East coast called Lyn????
they order them from via email. She has a huge collection from all over the world.
Chris put his on the trunks of the trees...and it looks very nice.
Ask Collin for pictures of his.
Just google neoregalia
Here are some of mine i bought in Europe.
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 006_6410
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:30 am

Your bonsai is out of this world! Fantastic!
Did U buy it?
Costa the sir plants are called tilandsia, and are a sub group of bromeliads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinep

Pinep

PostSubject: Bromelia   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Thank you Neli, yes I bought it. Myself and Costa couldn't help ourselves and indulged. Our reasoning was that we don't have another hundred+ years left, and if we didn't spend the money, we would never have the pleasure of owning something like this. I hope Costa will post a picture of his Bonsai soon - also a stunning tree.
You certainly seem very knowlegable with plants. I like what I see on the pictures you posted. I will have to do a lot more reading on Bromelia before I can decide if I want it or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 3:15 am

Pinep wrote:
Thank you Neli, yes I bought it. Myself and Costa couldn't help ourselves and indulged. Our reasoning was that we don't have another hundred+ years left, and if we didn't spend the money, we would never have the pleasure of owning something like this. I hope Costa will post a picture of his Bonsai soon - also a stunning tree.
You certainly seem very knowlegable with plants. I like what I see on the pictures you posted. I will have to do a lot more reading on Bromelia before I can decide if I want it or not.
Darling,
The route U have taken with your bonsai is a good one. U are right...we are not going to live another 100 years.I wish I can buy one here...but nothing for sale here.
I bought one in Japan but too much travels and I managed to kill it.
How much did U pay for yours?
I need to buy one also but I am scared to pay millions. I might kill it one of this days if I forget to water it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next