The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
SPOTS BLACK lice Bobby pumps babies dealers soragoi Bead vacuum cape electricity supaverm disease dropsy nexus spawn List media sealer western shimmies Waterplants airlift pump filter
Latest topics
» Help! What do o do with fry??
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 am by atb tv

» Pump size relative to the rest of my equipment
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 am by Bilaal

» Off the grid
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 pm by GREGB

» Japan souvenir 2017 part 1
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 pm by atb tv

» Ikeage 2017 of 80cm+
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 1:58 pm by atb tv

» the ponds in 2017
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm by atb tv

November 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Colin Hunt

Colin Hunt

SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Cliff wrote:
Colin Hunt wrote:
That is very nice of you Cossie, bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy so what is stopping everyone from having a crack at it? Basketball Basketball

Dbnguy and Neli........thats who!!!!

Guess I have enough fish already.....lol

Absolutely stunning Dbnguy.......very nice setup you have there!

Cliff so far it is Neli and Dbnguy competing against each other with the big gardens so come on, bring it on!
Back to top Go down
Colin Hunt

Colin Hunt

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Miya Oki Koi wrote:
Kom nou Oom Colin Twisted Evil Waar is joune, ons het al n " Sneak Preview " gehaad, wys ons nou die res bounce

Tommy, ek wag nou eers vir julle dan sal ek miskien myne opsit. Ek dink Cossie sal n derde prys moet opsit vir plase, dan kan jy joune opsit. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Miya Oki Koi wrote:
Mmmm.... Nice Dbnguy Twisted Evil See lots of potential for a nice BIG pond... Twisted Evil Neli, a little competition here Suspect Relax Like a Star @ heaven November still a few sleeps away.
U call this a little competition?????
Back to top Go down
Dbnguy

Dbnguy

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:38 pm

And now for the Videos :-)

Its REALLY old though. About 4 years... Does it still count??? Its kinda a walk through from the drive way, through the front door, into the dining room and ends off in the kitchen. Basically wanting to show that the pond can be viewed in any room on this side of the house :-)

Bit of a silly video, but it captures the sounds of the pond frogs at night. So soothing :-)

And finally the garden :-)

Hope you enjoy :-)
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 pm

A this is not fair! I thought I will get the kohaku...now U are scaring me...he he he!
How big is your garden?...there is a second fish now....maybe U get one category and I get the other?...He he he!
Lets hope no better gardens are coming....(Chris has a very nice garden)
Back to top Go down
Dbnguy

Dbnguy

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:40 am

Thanks Guys. The reason we bought the place was because of the garden. Its 5500 square feet. (About 1800 sq m)

But man we did ALOT of work to it.

Neli like you, I WANT THAT FISH LOL. Will be my first ever real koi, not one of those cheapies you get. Not that I dont love my babies, but its now time for some true blood :-)

Dont care if I won the big garden or small pond - I want that beauty cheers

This is the before pics of the pond: And yes, that is a guy with a jack hammer bounce

SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 During10

SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 During11

SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Hw_dur10
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Love your garden Darling, but U are not getting my Kohaku! U can have the other fish Costa said is giving...for the smaller gardens...
That Kohaku is mine so dont eye it! He he he!
Back to top Go down
Dbnguy

Dbnguy

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:20 am

My Angel, I do believe this means WAR :-)

LOL

See you on the battlefield Love

Lee

(Mnnnn time to bring out the super impressive pics :-p)
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:37 am

Dbnguy wrote:
My Angel, I do believe this means WAR :-)

LOL

See you on the battlefield Love

Lee

(Mnnnn time to bring out the super impressive pics :-p)
Lovy, sunny
dont play with me...I have time to november to redo my whole garden....Wish I was not so busy with my new pond build...but it might be ready before the next month and I will add it to the pictures...
Why cant U be happy with the other fish...It might be also a nice one...He he he!
COSTA! POST A PICTURE OF THE OTHER FISH TOO.....
But get ready! It is TOTAL WAR! cheers i WANT THE KOHAKU....(i DONT HAVE ANY GOOD ONES, AND NO WHERE TO GET THEM HERE) queen
Back to top Go down
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 am

Hi Cossie,

I can not compete with big gardens Mad here is mine Rolling Eyes
These photos were taken before winter arrived Wink
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Pond12
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Bonsai12
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Garden15
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Garden16
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Garden17
SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Garden18

Video
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/8708028/joeskoi/
Back to top Go down
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:52 am

Hi Joe.
I think this will set the benchmark for small gardens at this stage. Very nice garden. Very Happy

Dbnguy

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:14 am

wow Joe, magnificent bonsai's. Garden is stunning. Great, that kicks me out of that category which means its kit gloves off, and garden world war 1 with Neli.

Eish, that's gonna be a tough one..... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:48 am

He he he!
This is becoming harder now...Joe's garden is fantastic!
But he is not playing fair...I did not post pictures of flowers...Now I have to...and I have maybe more than 5000 from my garden...
I am posting them soon!
Lee this is not fair now...U are just scared of joe's garden so U want to shift to my category....
Joe love your bonsai...and the rest!
Back to top Go down
Dbnguy

Dbnguy

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:11 am

Well duuuh. Wouldn't you be scared to compete against Joe? How can anyone compete against the bonsai.....

Flowers, my god, also have thousands of those...

I think Paul is going to need bigger servers to host all the pics lol.

Costa, why don't you just give Neli, Joe and I each a prize 1. For effort, and 2. For being the first ones to enter. Surely you don't want the 3 of us clawing each others eyeballs out...

Do you???? No

Be carefull guys. I know someone with a crop duster plane. I wouldn't hesitant to ask him to fly over your places with poison that will turn your gardens from lush tropical paradises into THE FRIKKEN KALAHARI DESERT!!!!!

You have been warned!!!!

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Thank You, Tommy ,Neli and Dbnguy

Guys no need to get upset both of your gardens are stunning Very Happy Very Happy

Neli check bellow I will fall under smaller gardens

costa j wrote:

Hi All,

It seems to me that most people have been discouraged from entering this competition, after seeing Nelli's Large garden. We have decided that there will be two competitions -- a prize for large gardens and a prize for smaller gardens. It is still early days and we all have to get over winter, so cheer up guys , the competition only closes end November. The winning gardens will be judged on their overall charm and appeal, and guys ........this time size does not matter !!! lol! lol! lol! .
Will post photo and video of the other fish to be won.

And please remember you have to post a video of your pond and garden as well . : Very Happy Very Happy

Costa.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:57 pm

Dbnguy wrote:
Well duuuh. Wouldn't you be scared to compete against Joe? How can anyone compete against the bonsai.....

Flowers, my god, also have thousands of those...

I think Paul is going to need bigger servers to host all the pics lol.

Costa, why don't you just give Neli, Joe and I each a prize 1. For effort, and 2. For being the first ones to enter. Surely you don't want the 3 of us clawing each others eyeballs out...

Do you???? No

Be carefull guys. I know someone with a crop duster plane. I wouldn't hesitant to ask him to fly over your places with poison that will turn your gardens from lush tropical paradises into THE FRIKKEN KALAHARI DESERT!!!!!

You have been warned!!!!

Twisted Evil
I am lucky my garden is big...Would not have liked to compete against Joe....U Lee are trying to be clever now.... Shifted from Joe's category to mine...he he he!
But if I dont get a fish I for sure will clow someone's eyes...He he he!
So I love your idea of Costa giving Us each a fish...He he he!
I think if We bug him enough He might agree....
I am not scared of your plane...maybe Joe...I am too far for U to turn my garden into Kalahary....he he he!
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:58 pm

JoesKoi wrote:
Thank You, Tommy ,Neli and Dbnguy

Guys no need to get upset both of your gardens are stunning Very Happy Very Happy

Neli check bellow I will fall under smaller gardens

costa j wrote:

Hi All,

It seems to me that most people have been discouraged from entering this competition, after seeing Nelli's Large garden. We have decided that there will be two competitions -- a prize for large gardens and a prize for smaller gardens. It is still early days and we all have to get over winter, so cheer up guys , the competition only closes end November. The winning gardens will be judged on their overall charm and appeal, and guys ........this time size does not matter !!! lol! lol! lol! .
Will post photo and video of the other fish to be won.

And please remember you have to post a video of your pond and garden as well . : Very Happy Very Happy

Costa.
Joe I am very happy U are under smaller gardens for your garden is one I fear most!
Congrats! If U win U will fully deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Colin Hunt

Colin Hunt

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Very nice Joe, stunning Bonsai's.
Back to top Go down
costa j

costa j

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi Guys,

This is a short video of the small gardens prize, It's a Sakuma Tosai 23 cm kohaku.

Will take a photo of the fish this weekend and post .
Cliff will be helping me this weekend to photograph all the fish.

Neli

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:48 pm

costa j wrote:
Hi Guys,

This is a short video of the small gardens prize, It's a Sakuma Tosai 23 cm kohaku.

Will take a photo of the fish this weekend and post .
Cliff will be helping me this weekend to photograph all the fish.

Costa!
What is your problem...U want Us to start shooting each other now....for this Kohaku???? I am selling half of my plot, and employing a professional landscaper....so I can go to the small size gardens...He he he!
Back to top Go down
Dbnguy

Dbnguy

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Yea Neli, I agree. Sell off half you property, that way I might JUST stand a chance LOL (holding thumbs)

As for where I am, I live up in Westville. Right up on the hill overlooking the whole of Durban central and surrounding areas.

Do you know Durban at all?
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Dbnguy wrote:
Yea Neli, I agree. Sell off half you property, that way I might JUST stand a chance LOL (holding thumbs)

As for where I am, I live up in Westville. Right up on the hill overlooking the whole of Durban central and surrounding areas.

I know Durban very well. I have been there many times...always used to get an apartment at silver sands 3...
If I sale half...the other half will be much faster to reorganize and make very nice!!!He he he!
Watch out!
Back to top Go down
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:13 pm

Both stunning fish. May the best man or woman win, will have to sit out this round cause my garden will not be near finish by November. Mad

Dbnguy

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:55 pm

Neli wrote:
Dbnguy wrote:

I know Durban very well. I have been there many times...always used to get an apartment at silver sands 3...
If I sale half...the other half will be much faster to reorganize and make very nice!!!He he he!
Watch out!

Oh God I used to own a chain of video stores a good few years ago. One of my branches used to be in that little center behind Silver Sands 3 - South Beach Shopping Center :-p

Ahhh the memories LOL
Back to top Go down
Dbnguy

Dbnguy

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:26 pm

Another video of the garden. One of the reasons why I love it so much. Just listen to all that bird life.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.   SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAKURA POND AND GARDEN COMPETITION.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next