The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
babies Bead bubble 2011 plant SPOTS growth clinofish pond plants small western show Dimilin pumps dropsy electricity salt baytril filter face dealers shape food foam cape
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Another question about QT EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Another question about QT EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Another question about QT EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Another question about QT EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Another question about QT EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Another question about QT EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Another question about QT EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Another question about QT EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Another question about QT EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Another question about QT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Muhammad

Muhammad

Another question about QT Empty
PostSubject: Another question about QT   Another question about QT EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:44 pm

If i set up a qt tank using a 1000lt plastic drum thats 1m*1m*1m, how many fish would i be able to quarantine at once? say fish averaging between 30 - 40cm?
Back to top Go down
http://muhammadkaka@flysaa.com
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Another question about QT   Another question about QT EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:09 pm

That is hard for me to answer Darling...
A fish needs 1000 liters but I guess U can try 2 inside or 3 maybe...when fish is stressed it need the best of conditions...
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Another question about QT   Another question about QT EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:19 am

depends on how much filtration you have, how oiften you are turning over the water and how often you do water changes.

You could keep 20 - 30 fish in there if you have equivalent filtration, turn the water over 2 - 3 times and hour and do 10 - 20% water changes every 2nd to 3rd day

All up to how you maintain the water
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Another question about QT   Another question about QT EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:43 am

Cliff wrote:
depends on how much filtration you have, how oiften you are turning over the water and how often you do water changes.

You could keep 20 - 30 fish in there if you have equivalent filtration, turn the water over 2 - 3 times and hour and do 10 - 20% water changes every 2nd to 3rd day

Cliff are U sure he can keep 30 fish in 1000 liters? I did that last year with daily water changes and had big problems...and mine were small ones, not 30cm Koi.
Back to top Go down
Muhammad

Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Another question about QT   Another question about QT EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Is it advisible to use matured water from my pond in my qt tank?
Back to top Go down
http://muhammadkaka@flysaa.com
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Another question about QT   Another question about QT EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:33 am

Muhammad wrote:
Is it advisible to use matured water from my pond in my qt tank?
U can do that...U can also mix it half /half...
At the end get one fish from the pond and put it with them to see if it will be affected badly by something the new fish might have.
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Another question about QT   Another question about QT EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:42 am

Neli wrote:
Cliff wrote:

Cliff are U sure he can keep 30 fish in 1000 liters? I did that last year with daily water changes and had big problems...and mine were small ones, not 30cm Koi.

Neli, my point was more around how he managed his water, if you have a pond with sublime, matured filtration, you are turning the water over a few times an hour, have lots of air in the pond, and do a lot fo water changes then I am sure keeping a lot more than the normal 1000lts per fish ratio is not required for a QT setup.

Obviously not in a normal environment as that would just get too costly, however i a QT yes......its all about water management and maintaining\improving the conditions.

My 30 fish was an example, however feel if you were maintaining in terms of a "DavidSoon", then I am sure it would be very possible
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Another question about QT   Another question about QT EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Cliff wrote:
Neli wrote:
Cliff wrote:

Neli, my point was more around how he managed his water, if you have a pond with sublime, matured filtration, you are turning the water over a few times an hour, have lots of air in the pond, and do a lot fo water changes then I am sure keeping a lot more than the normal 1000lts per fish ratio is not required for a QT setup.

Obviously not in a normal environment as that would just get too costly, however i a QT yes......its all about water management and maintaining\improving the conditions.

My 30 fish was an example, however feel if you were maintaining in terms of a "DavidSoon", then I am sure it would be very possible
Thanks I will stop panicking now that they are overcrowded...I have 50 Koi in 2x7000liter intex...each with mature filtration...and turn over rate twice in an hour plus water chances 20% every day...plus a bag of zeolite just in case...he he he!
I am a proper panic mechanic!
Another question about QT DSC08299640x480
Another question about QT DSC08490640x248
Back to top Go down
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: Another question about QT   Another question about QT EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Muhammad wrote:
Is it advisable to use matured water from my pond in my qt tank?

I always use pond water for my quarantine tank,when I do a water changes I also only use my pond water.
I keep all the quarantine media in my main pond once I buy new fish I then fill the quarantine up with my pond water and add all the media,like that all the water parameters are basically the same as your pond.What is important is to have a good filter system for your quarantine tank. I have seen many quarantine ponds with inferior filtration thus causing many problems.But this all depends on what size your quarantine pond is
mine is small so makes it easy to fill and empty and also have the option to have it running only when I require
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another question about QT   Another question about QT Empty

Back to top Go down

Another question about QT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1