The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
white Dimilin foam dropsy salt Bead western food plant filter SPOTS plants shape pumps 2011 baytril cape babies growth show pond skin face bubble electricity dealers
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nestarion

Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question Empty
PostSubject: Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question   Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi Guys,

It has been a very slow process in building my ponds, but I am in the final stages of planning my main pond. The first pond I built has fish in it already. I am going to use it as a 2 stage filter system.

The first compartment will be 2.3m deep with an overflow into a 1500l veggie pond with a waterfall. This pond is 2.5m x 1.5 x 0.6m deep.

This veggie pond will be drained by a double bead filter. Main pond ---> 2x110mm pipe ---> 2.3m sludge chamber overflow ---> veggie pond ---> pre-filter(self built lava rock) --> double bead --> 2x55 UV
--> SPLIT: waterfall.
--> SPLIT: main pond

My question is: what is the maximum distance for my gravity fed x2 110mm tubes from the main pond to the sludge pond. The current distance in my plan is 12m.

The main pond will be 15m x 3m x 1.8m deep and the sludge pond is 12m away. Any advise here - or should i go back to the drawing board...

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers,

Tommie aka Nestarion.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question   Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:33 pm

12 meters should not be a problem, but depending on the flow rate of the pump.

The longer the piping to your "sludge chamber" the lessor the flow rate. The flow rate should not be less than what your pump delivers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za

Distance from main pond to sludge chamber question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1