The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
filter salt 2011 plants electricity dropsy pond dealers western face show baytril shape cape pumps plant foam skin white Bead SPOTS babies food Dimilin bubble growth
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
words of warning  EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
words of warning  EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
words of warning  EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
words of warning  EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
words of warning  EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
words of warning  EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
words of warning  EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
words of warning  EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
words of warning  EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

words of warning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tooke

words of warning  Empty
PostSubject: words of warning    words of warning  EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:26 am

Hi all. Couple of months ago I read Cliffs story on his pond extension. I decided to rebuild my existing pond as my fish had outgrown it, ( 2.8 x 1.75 x .50 ). First I got in touch with Cliff,. He advised me to speak to Paul Viljoen, which I did. I arranged to visit him and he showed me around his setup, ( thanks Paul). Either Cliff or Paul told me to get in touch with Colin Hunt, who very kindly gave me 3 hours of his time. When I showed Colin the plans of the pond I had in mind, he asked what I thought it would cost.I had latched on to Cliff's expected cost of R9000, and this is the price that I gave Colin. He just laughed, and printed out a copy of what it cost him to build his quarantine tank. I won't tell you how much it was but I s..t myself. So I revised my plans from building a brand new pond of 6 x 4 x 1.6 to kocking down 1 wall of my existing pond, and adding an extension of 3.7 metres with a depth of 1.6metres, ( 2metres at 1.6 with a ramp sloping up to my existing pond). I estimated that this would cost me approx R15,000, and this is where the warning comes in. I have finished the pond, and am waiting for the right weather to seal it, and so far it has cost me R32,000, with the pump still to come. I followed Colin's advice and wrote down EVERY cent including petrol used driving around buying stuff, and gift's to the various people who helped me out. My main areas of miscalculation were on labor, (7,370), and cement (3,430), but basically my costing was way out and it only becomes apparent when one writes down every single expenditure. It is amazing how the bills add up with a couple of pipe fittings here, petrol for the mixer, tool hire, electrical cable and conduit for the power point, etc etc. The pond is looking stunning, and when the lawn and plants have been done, it will be well worth the cost. ( My neighbor, who is a builder, told me he would not have done this for less than R70,000), so I am not complaing. I would just advise anyone who is thinking of building, to work out their costs, and then add at least 50% on to their estimate. Unfortunately my camera was stolen ijn a burglary, so at this time I don't have any pics, but when the pool is up and running, I will borrow a camera and post some pics. Thanks to everyone who helped me, and thanks for a great site.
Back to top Go down

words of warning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: words of warning    words of warning  EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:15 am

Who said Koi keeping was cheap! affraid
Back to top Go down
*Riaan*

*Riaan*

words of warning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: words of warning    words of warning  EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:37 am

Ek is Goddank bly ek het reeds die basic infrastruktuur in plek vir 'n visdammetjie. Hy het net landscaping nodig. Sou dit nooit andersins kon bekostig nie.
Back to top Go down
MiC

words of warning  Empty
PostSubject: Re: words of warning    words of warning  EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:54 am

het onlangs n klein pond gebou by ons huis van so 6500L en dit het ons so R18000 gekos. trippel was ons op gereken het. Shocked lol! lol!..

Maar was vir seker werd dit bounce
Back to top Go down
Johann Jacobs

Johann Jacobs

words of warning  Empty
PostSubject: Bou   words of warning  EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 12:19 pm

BOU
Drie klein letters wat jy met trokke aanry en met n verband betaal
lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

words of warning  Empty