The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
baytril white 2011 Dimilin bubble salt filter food cape electricity foam pumps plant plants babies show Bead dealers SPOTS shape pond face growth western dropsy skin
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Garlic - Explain please EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Garlic - Explain please EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Garlic - Explain please EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Garlic - Explain please EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Garlic - Explain please EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Garlic - Explain please EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Garlic - Explain please EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Garlic - Explain please EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Garlic - Explain please EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Explain please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neli

Neli

Garlic - Explain please Empty
PostSubject: Explain please   Garlic - Explain please EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:52 am

I mentioned how I acquired my Koi.I borrowed/stole my son in law's 2 big fishes for 2 month and they bred in my pond. I had no where to buy from, and did not know they are koi Idea
Now I have all kind of babies. Rainbow nation like yours.
Mother Vera (Chiluba's wife our former president who was half the size of the wife), one and half time bigger than the husband, white with a small hi (he he he learning) on the back.
And daddy Chiluba, red and white all over.
Now the babies are assorted:
some black and white, some all red (hope it is not the gold fish, but they are too big to be gold fish)) some just white, and many a mixture of black red white yellow. some are shiny some are not. some have scales some have few scales.
Does it mean they are mongrels?
Does it mean they can not be classified under any recognized group, since the blood line (l am thinking about dogs) is not pedigree?
No Koi food here, only flakes, so I cook for my koi:
I boil about 1 kg leaf greens, add 1 kg chicken liver, liquidize it, then I add mealy meal and cook it like pap,add on the end some egg (while hot) so it does not desintegrate in the water(the egg holds it together), make balls and freeze it.
My fish is over 35cm in 6 month (it was born 6 month ago), no mortality.
Is that ok? What can you advise to add to their diet? Some one told me dog food pellets?
I know this is a male dominated, professional forum. But please advise and help.
I will be one day like you, despite all the limitations I have here.
Back to top Go down
vossie

vossie

PostSubject: Re: Explain please   Garlic - Explain please EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:15 am

any pics
Back to top Go down
http://www.theltbclub.co.za
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Thanks Vossi!   Garlic - Explain please EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:02 am

Thanks for answering me. As I mentioned, after I cleaned my pond it started leaking, so I have removed the water again, since I suspected my workers, might have damaged the bottom drain , when they were puting stones around it. (thats where my home made improvised filter is) I have Aquarium, so since I new nothing about ponds, I made an undergravel filter similar to the ones in the aquariums. he he he.
My pond (a small lake) has an island in the middle, and has different depth, like 3 separate ponds united about 60-80 cm bellow top, and where the path to the island is there is a big pipe (6 inch) under. So it is not hard for me to drain the pond. ones the water drops down, I block the pipe and I have 3 different ponds. So I can put the fish in one pond while I am cleaning the other 2, then shift the fish and clean the 3rd.
Now my pond has little water, but I still can not catch the fish to make a picture. But thrust me they look nothing like yours. there is one pure white with a nice round red hi on the head, looks like a tancho, but I am not sure if it is koi or gold fish (a bit too big for gold fish). I will try to photograph them tomorrow.
Any advise about the food? Is it ok what I am giving them?
Back to top Go down
vossie

vossie

PostSubject: Re: Explain please   Garlic - Explain please EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:36 am

feed as much garlic powder around the pellets as possible that will keep the parasites away
Back to top Go down
vossie

vossie

PostSubject: Re: Explain please   Garlic - Explain please EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:36 am

there is a post on how to do it made by pieter
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: garlic   Garlic - Explain please EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Vossie, thanks again.Where, in which section can i find the post by Pieter.I dont give any pellets to my fish. only home cooked meals. Do u mean I should mix some garlic powder in the food I cook or I should give them dog pellets with garlic. Thats all I can find here.
Which parasites are you talking about? internal or external? Do i need to deworm the fish in the pond, like I deworm my dogs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explain please   Garlic - Explain please Empty

Back to top Go down

Explain please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1