The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
plants western filter show face plant baytril skin food Bead white shape cape pond bubble dropsy foam salt growth 2011 SPOTS pumps babies Dimilin dealers electricity
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:10 am

Neville,

Hel, jy is windgat vir iemand wat sy broek met kruisbande ophou!

Neem kennis, die buite temperatuur en die water temperatuur verskil +/_ met 10 grade.
As jy eendag jou temperatuur meter in jou dam kan vang sal jy seker die korrekte water temperatuur kan vasstel.

PS. Het vergeet jy kan nie te veel beweeg nie, daai kruisbande mag net weer met 'n moerse slag los kom...................tref miskien die keer 'n vis!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Drikus van Dijk

Drikus van Dijk

PostSubject: SAKAI GROW AND SHOW   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi,

Hier is my vissie. Vanaand gemeet 34.5 sy groei nie baie in die lengte nie
maar het n baie goeie body.

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 SakaiWSCGROWANDSHOW001TVD

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 SakaiWSCGROWANDSHOW003
Back to top Go down
Neville

Neville

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi Drikus

Dankie dat jy gepos het. Jou vis lyk goed ek stem saam sy body shape is baie mooi.

Die groei, wel die kompetiesie is nog nie verby, kom ons kyk wat gebeur in die pylvak.
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:31 pm

Kyk nou net hoe skaamteloos bespreek julle haar BODY. Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Drikus van Dijk

Drikus van Dijk

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Neville,
Ons sal plan maak met die groei. affraid

Bobby,
n goeie body bly maar n goeie een lol!
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Drikus

Weet Tanne Poppie van jou gedagte...... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Drikus van Dijk

Drikus van Dijk

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Bobby ek het geweet jy sal dit optel, lol!

Niks kort met jou manier van dink Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Neville

Neville

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Bobby, n mens praat nie so uit die vriendekring nie hoor, dit grens aan ligte afpersing.

Los die man nou nou skei sy vrou hom dan het ons oposisie
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:38 pm

Ek moet rerig se vir R500 het ons nie slegte vissies vir die Show en Grow gekry nie. Hulle almal doen in my opinie baie goed.

Drikus joune se kopvel het baie verbeter. Dis nie meer so deursigtig nie.

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 ShowAndGrow2b
Back to top Go down
Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:35 am

If I said you had a beautifull body would you hold it agains me?
Back to top Go down
Colin Hunt

Colin Hunt

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:34 pm

Slowly now Jaco, slowly..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Ek mag, ek heti 'n vrou nie.
Back to top Go down
Jan

Jan

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:11 pm

I think the next showing is due.
Mambo#5 today. 33 cm.
When questioned on the poor showing of late Mambo#5 blamed the 10 degrees pond temperature – poor excuse!
To me it seems as if the body has thickened somewhat.

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 088_edited
Back to top Go down
Marius Bezuidenhout

Marius Bezuidenhout

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Lyk mooi Jan

Yes, I will be home sometime in July and will post my picture then. I wonder how big mine is now. It grew 46% in the first month but the next month it was just an extra 1cm. The first month I changed water every second day and fed clay / shrimp and added clay to water. Second month nothing of this and now it's in the large pond with his big brother.
Back to top Go down
Neville

Neville

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:46 pm

Here is No 7

It has grown very little over the last two month's, a bit disappointed about that
However it is still looking very well and I am confident it will come back with a vengence as soon as warmer weather comes along.

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 SDC11294

No 7 is now 31Cm
Back to top Go down
Adi

Adi

PostSubject: Update on No6   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:08 am

Hi!
Planning to move fish next weekend. The fish I bought at the show will move from QT to the main pond, will be catching No6 and posting some picture.
Back to top Go down
Adi

Adi

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:14 am

"Hangs his head in shame" with lapa buildig and work.....will do it shorly....
Back to top Go down
Adi

Adi

PostSubject: Hmm not that happy   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Ok, No 6 was caught and measured. Fish looks well, but is only 36-37cm at present. Was hoping for 40cm.............

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 No6July3

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 No6July1

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 No6July2
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Finally got my images working again from my new webserver. So it was time to do and update on my show and grow.

Measured shimee (1) today. She is standing at just over 38cm. Thats from nose to end of tail fin. On May 18 she was 35cm. Thats 3cm growth in 2,5months +-, Thats totally acceptable to me for growth during winter.

I starved my kois a little bit through the winter so shimee has lost a bit of body compared to her previous photo in may but thats ok, she will pick it up again.

The skin luster is very good and colour is very good aswell. I notice a new break in the pattern coming on the head between the head pattern and the fist step.

I will try and do a timeline with her development later.

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 ShowAndGrow1g

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 ShowAndGrow1h
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi Wayne,

The shiroji is very nice!!!
Back to top Go down
angryant

angryant

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:37 pm

I really wish I could take such nice pics of my koi yes the White is stunning on that koi.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:23 am

Hey angry.

I think in photogrphy its more about the equipment that it is about the photgrapher....thats my current view on it. Cause i had a point and shoot before and never got the detail that im getting with this camera. Theres a bit of technique involved with photographing kois that one need to learn and master but the fact is that with koi photography you need a quick processing camera. Snap, snap, snap.... If you see that pose and you click the button you must have it. Sometimes you need a bit of patience aswell. This photo above was shot number 5 on my camera.

I took the photos at our baby koi show and i really struggled taking goog pictures of 200+ fish. I have roughly 1minute to get a good pose and take a photo, cause the benchers are "restless" and want to move on and get the job done. Taking good photos at a koi show is 1000% more difficult than what i ever though, at home i can bowl the fish let it relax and wait for it to give me a pose at a koi show you cant....back to the camera...

A proper SLR camera takes pictures exactly the way they actually look. If you have glare on the water you have glare on the photo... With SLR digital cameras its not about the mega pixel its about the image chip that translates the image to the digital format (this is where the mega pixel comes in) The size of this imaging chip/sensor is what ifluences the price of the camera. The bigger the sensor the quicker it can take photos and the more data it can translate in a short time. The photo above was taken as a 3mega pixel photo although the camera can take upto 10mp but that photo is not 3mega pixel anymore, cause i have cropted it and made it smaller. Its propably closer to 2mp now. Mega pixel is only the size of the photo and the number of pixels per inch, it tells you nothing more or less about the capabilities of the camera...just that the camera can store big images.

Some of those point and shoots have high mega pixel but a small sensor so it takes longer to take the picture and its not as sensitive. Some of the mid range digital kodak cameras are very good in my opinion. Most digitals are fine for still lives and portraits but with moving subject they fail. So you end up with lots of grainy or out of focus shots but the photo in the end is a high mega pixel. What made me buy a new camera was that i was trying to photograph one of my kois and none of the photos i took came out the way it realy looked. Plus you see that pose , you press the button and then the camera sits and thinks for half a second before taking the shot and then the fish has moved and you get a crappy blurry image...

The delay with digital cameas also comes in with the view finder and LED / LCD display. With SLR cameras you dont use the LCD display to take pictures you use the view finder only, the view finder is a direct view through the lens and you see the actual light and picture through the lens instantly there is no time loss. With other digitals the view finder is also digital same as the LCD and so what happens is that the image that you are seeing on the screen or through the view finder first gets recorderd by the image sensor then sent to the view finder which then again decodes it and displays an image to the user...In that time a few milli seconds elaps between the actual image that is infront of you and what the camera shows you.

I use the cheapest Nikon SLR on the market and im very happy with it. It was R6500 when i bought it, it can be picked up now for R 4500.

These photos where taken with a Nikon D3000 and a 18-55mm lens.
Settings:
Aperture priority
F 5.6
ISO 200
Lens Auto focus Continues (The lens continuesly adjusts the focus as the subject is moving)
Auto focus mode : 3D (The camera tracks the subject in the view finder while its moving about)
Flash - ON

When you buy a SLR camera you are buying into the brand for the next 20years...cause the lenses are so expensive but they can be reused on newer model camera but only on the brand you have. Its all about the brand. In SA your choices basicly comes down to Cannon or Nikon. Both are very good and it just comes down to your own personal preference.

I evaluted both cannon and nikons entry level cameras. Held both in my hand, looked at the materials it was made of and how the menus worked and thats how i made my choice.
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:30 am

Wayne,

I have a Fuji S5700, so if I take pics thru the view finder will my pics not have that slight lag inbetween.

Drives me up the wall, altho I must say I have not really played with the settings much....need to maybe have a look on the net for preferred settings.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi Cliff, my last digital camera was a Fuji S3000 and thats the one i had a problem with. My wife has a Sony 8.1mp Cybershot point and shoot and that thing drives me up the wall, i cant take photos of my fish with that at all atleast with the Fuji S3000 i got some nice pictures every now and again.

Your camera has a LCD Display for the screen and for the view finder so yes you will have a delay but try through the view finder maybe you will get a performance increase. Only SLR cameras will not have a delay. With my entry level bottom of the range SLR i can take 3 photos per second, the bigger models with more memory and bigger sensors can take 5 - 30 photos continuesly one after another.

Here is a good compare
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/camera/specification/compare/1882-1508-2209-441.html

After i have praised the digital SLR so much i must admit that its not the best camera for all situations. Family outings and things like that where you need a compact small zoom camera it is the much beter thing to have small normal digital than a SLR cause with SLRS you need to change lenses to match the occasion.
Back to top Go down
Marius Bezuidenhout

Marius Bezuidenhout

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:46 am

Hi Wayne

Thanks for the great reading material about the photos and camera. I must agree that a good camera makes a huge difference. If you look at the pic of my fish it looks horrible, and I used a gray bowl as well make things worse. I use a 5mp Sony with a 12x optical zoom(about 5years old). Great to zoom in for the work I do but totally useless to take photos of fish. To slow and not good at all in low light conditions. Maybe you can give me a crash course sometime. Wanted to attend the WP SHOW but will once again miss it due to work but I will be in Cape town next weekend so maybe I can go and visit a few of the dealers while there.
I enjoy the easy way the menu works on a Sony- is it very complex to operate the Nikon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show   SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

SAKKS WCKC Sakai Grow and Show

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next