The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
baytril 2011 shape electricity growth food white skin SPOTS plants western pumps foam show pond face plant salt dropsy cape Dimilin babies dealers filter bubble Bead
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
easy to use water test kit EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
easy to use water test kit EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
easy to use water test kit EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
easy to use water test kit EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
easy to use water test kit EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
easy to use water test kit EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
easy to use water test kit EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
easy to use water test kit EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
easy to use water test kit EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

easy to use water test kit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
angryant

angryant

easy to use water test kit Empty
PostSubject: easy to use water test kit   easy to use water test kit EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 4:47 pm

Do you know were I can get a user friendly water test kit that my wife can use to measure the quality of my pond water when im away ,. even an electronic one that does it all or just reads the harmful or important readings I do have the strips ,but dont really know what im looking at, the guy that does my pond when im away says my water is fine, but been reading on the forums on the web and have come to relise how important water quality is for the fish and how they get affected in all aspects,

As i think this will be a really important part of keeping koi i reall feel i should get the best and most acurate methode out,
Back to top Go down
Marius Bezuidenhout

Marius Bezuidenhout

PostSubject: Re: easy to use water test kit   easy to use water test kit EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 5:38 pm

https://koionline.forumotion.com/equipment-f31/electronic-water-tester-t699.htm

https://koionline.forumotion.com/what-should-i-bear-in-mind-f22/basics-t25.htm

You get some great test kits but they all takes time to test. My question is: If you for example test pH, what do you really read? Is it 7.5; 7.8 or 8? The colours are so much the same that you don’t really know.

The electronic kits are accurate but will still take time to do the testing and expensive.
My answer is: If you have an established pond, low stocking density, do water changes and look out for fish with abnormal behavior you will most likely not encounter to many problems. You will get problems with a new pond, green water, ammonia / nitrite spikes and what ever you don’t want to happen but in time things will settle. I am not trying to say you must not test water, but most kits are accurate enough for the average pond keeper to detect problems before they start. The older the pond the less trouble you will have if you stick to the rules of good pond management.
I am the last person to give advice, but then again I made mistakes most beginners do
Back to top Go down
angryant

angryant

PostSubject: Re: easy to use water test kit   easy to use water test kit EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:21 pm

thanks for the reply Marius, my pond is 1 year old this month, my stock leavels are 60cm per 1000l and i do water changes every week when im home but when im away there is a guy that does it everyb 2 weeks for me as he charges quite a lot per visit but must say he is and old school koi keeper and knows his stuff, it is just that 2week wait for me to know if every thing is fine that my wife can do the test when im away to reasure me all is ok, as you well know things can change in 2 weeks from good to worse, like i said i dont moind spending a little more for a good one just need somthing simple and reliable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: easy to use water test kit   easy to use water test kit Empty

Back to top Go down

easy to use water test kit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1