The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
filters zeolite skimmer feeding ponds chagoi Potassium salt virkon filter liner pumps food waterproofing filtration pond plants feeder anoxic Bakkie pump bakki Light shower bead sand
Latest topics
» Run in Japan 2016 part 7
Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:06 pm by atb tv

» Run in Japan 2016 part 6
Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:08 am by atb tv

» Run in Japan 2016 part 5
Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:33 am by atb tv

» Run in Japan 2016 part 4
Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:05 am by atb tv

» Pics from Japan report with aquatechnobel
Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:00 pm by atb tv

» Run in japan 2016 part 3
Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:41 pm by atb tv

» Run in japan 2016 part 2
Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:26 pm by atb tv

» Special Japan car
Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:33 am by atb tv

» View of Japan
Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:00 am by atb tv

December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

My Koi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff

PostSubject: My Koi   Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:36 am

Took some quick pics this morning on my way out, digicam batteries were flat, so they're recharging and will then take some better pics tonight when I get home....hopefully will be alot better than these.

My joys

So as I've learnt from here I have a Sanke a Doitsu, platinum doitsu, and 2 kohaku's...all fish are in vacinity of 35-45cm's

Any comments and maybe advice on what they are exactly. Also you'll notice on my platinum koi that it only has 1 pectoral fin, I felt sorry for him so bought him out of pity back when I bought my others Embarassed

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Koi   Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi Cliff, nice pond fish.

The Sanke rather looks like a Wagoi(with scales) and not a doitsu(without scales)

The bottom fish on the bottom picture looks like a Hariwake but I can not clearly see it.

Koi are not my whole life but make my life whole
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.koionline.co.za
Cliff

PostSubject: Re: My Koi   Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:12 pm

Thanks Paul,

Feel that since I got my sanke the red has been dissappearing more and more, does this mean he will become a bekko.....is it a bad thing if this happens.

In the very last pic the fish to the furtherest left is what a suspect to be a doitsu hariwake, he is scaless except for on his back.

The white one I have from my findings I suspect to be a Gin Rin Doitsu??

Then on the 2 kohaku's. the one that is more red, would that be a Kuchibeni Oh Moyo Kohaku and the other with more white than red a Sandan Kohaku.....please correct me if I'm wrong, is it a flaw that they have a black dot on their backs.

Which would you say is the nicest of them all?........personally I like the Sandan Kohaku and Doitsu Hariwake, altho I would never be able to really really choose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Koi   Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:33 pm

If the sanke looses all it's red, it will be a bekko. However, I think the red in the front is fairly strong and will stay. The red at the back will probably all go, and it might actually be better if it turns out to become a bekko.

The white fish is not a ginrin. It is a doitsu platinum ogon. Under the doitsu group, you get leather carp or mirror carp. Leather has no scales at all and mirror carp has only a few, either on the sides or dorsal line or both(like in your case) However, it is still a doitsu.

The black spots (shimis) on the kohaku's is a demerit and makes it less valuable.

I would rather say your one Kokaku is a Yondan Kohaku (four steps) than Sandan (three steps)

The one with the kucibeni has too much red and too little white, and I therefore prefer the Yondan Kohaku, although I like koi with a Kuchibeni (red spot on the nose)

Koi are not my whole life but make my life whole
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.koionline.co.za
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Koi   Today at 5:14 pm

Back to top Go down

My Koi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Koi Forum :: Koi appreciation :: Photos of the good, bad and ugly koi-