The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
cape dealers Dimilin skin Bead salt SPOTS dropsy 2011 shape filter western plants food baytril foam bubble babies white plant show pond pumps face growth electricity
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marius Bezuidenhout

Marius Bezuidenhout

airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds Empty
PostSubject: Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds   airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:13 am

I am considering playing around with some ideas on my QT pond ( must still build QT). Nothing to loose:

You can find interesting information about Airlift Pumps here:

http://home.netcom.com/~larry_l/air_lifts.htm

Also good to see:

http://www.areainc.com/aerator/main-brochure.pdf
Back to top Go down
David Coetzee

David Coetzee

PostSubject: Re: Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds   airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:23 pm

using the airlift method would be a awesome cost effective way to run a pond.
Besides you would get pretty good flow artes anyway.

Something like the Boyu aq3, would be plenty to run two or three airlifts on a qt
Back to top Go down
Bill D

PostSubject: Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds   airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi all, Still in the planning stage and getting as much info as the grey matter can absorb.Was also thinking of going the airlift way.
My first pond I am planning will eventually if all goes well end up as the quarenteen pond 3m quarter circle 1.5m deep with two up and over filters on the sides of the pond.Initially one of the filters will operate the normal way ie poolpump,on the other filter I will play around with a airlift.
The main reason for the airlift is to reduce electricity consumption.
In comparisson Poolpump at 750W and a Centrafugal blower at 60W supplying air at 600 CubM/Hr at 1300rpm,on a 4235CubM/Hr blower only 160W that is a lot of air.
Any ideas or do and donts most welcome.
Toppie
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds   airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Toppie, sorry im not able to help you but want to know how does one calculate how much water is being moved by an airlift for every liter of air?
Back to top Go down
Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za
Bill D

PostSubject: Re: Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds   airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi Wayneb,It all depends on the diameter of the riser and at what depth the air is fed into the riser,there are formula,s but extremely complex and far beyond my grey matter,being a retired Diver I had a lot to do with airlifts in my 34 years of diving and operated massive airlifts that could easily swallow a person if not careful.
Believe me a lift of say 110mm pipe will lift a lot of water,and the suction of the air at the mouth of the lift if it gets hold of your hand you wont able to remove it,the shallowest I can recal operating such a lift was in 4M of water.
The whole thing works on Boyle's Law eg if a baloon filled with air say 2litre, is taken down to 10M dept the volume at that dept would be half ie 1litre and visa vera.if you fill the baloon at 10M with 1 litre's of air on the surface it would be 2 litres.
Other factors that plays a part is the air pressure bends in the riser size of the initial bubbles.
Will search for the formula's and post the URL
Back to top Go down
Bill D

PostSubject: Airlifts URL's   airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 10:34 am

Hi all,
Here are some interesting URL's for more information on the use of airlifts pumps for koi keeping.
I am surprised that the idea of using these pumps on koi ponds was only investigated in the 90's.
Those who are using them seem to be happy especially on the electrical consumption side.
http://www.
herinhondura.wordpress.com (search in forum for
Aquaponics)
happykoi.co.za
koiphen.com
airliftpumps.com
geyserpump.com
elkoi.es (in spanish but the best info so far)
alabdiffusers.com
koiquest.co.uk (forum, Air up lifts follow up discussion
re elkoi.es)
Many more was obtained from google on websites, images and video searches ie Airlift pumps.
Some video's on Youtube was a eye opener.
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds   airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:08 am

Hi Bill D
Thanks for sharing, although I have just completed a new pond build I am always open to new and modern ideas. I have been in contact with a keeper in Vishoek that completed a new pond 2 months ago, Keep us posted, I would love the opportunity to see your construction and ideas put into practice.

With the way our electricity bill is going many hobbyist want to close their ponds due to the severe effect on household budgets. So in my view, new views to bring about running cost saving and at the same time maintain good water quality is very important for the future of the Koi hobbyist in SA.

Ps. I know this technology has been around for a long time, but personally I have not seen this working in practice, on one of the many ponds I have visited the past 3 years.
Back to top Go down
Bill D

PostSubject: Airlift Pumps for Koi Ponds   airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Still getting a bit lost in this forum,thanks for the replies.
I mistakenly place a topic under Airlifts on this forum instead of here,where I tried explain what I am aiming for hopefully will start by the end of May.
The captured drawings did not turn out the way I planed crisp and clear.
Must still find out how to place a photo directly on this forum instead on a link away from the forum.
Have a look will appreciate the feedback.
Pity I dont have a pond see there are 19 Koi looking for a home in Simonstown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds   airlift - Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds Empty

Back to top Go down

Airlift Pumps For Koi Ponds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1