The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
show Dimilin growth western dropsy filter food clinofish electricity plants pumps bubble cape face plant Bead babies dealers SPOTS foam salt shape small pond 2011 baytril
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
electricity - New cost of electricity EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
electricity - New cost of electricity EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
electricity - New cost of electricity EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
electricity - New cost of electricity EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
electricity - New cost of electricity EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

New cost of electricity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ernst

Ernst

electricity - New cost of electricity Empty
PostSubject: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:47 pm

Has anybody checked what their new rate for electricity is? When I bought last month before the price hike I was paying 51c per unit excl VAT. Got some units today and now it it's costing 85c per unit. After VAT its 96c per unit!

So the running cost of my pond has almost doubled to R950 per month for using 1.5kw/h for all pumps, air pumps and UV light.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:12 pm

91c per unit here in Matjabeng Free State now. F@K
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:48 am

Dis rerrig snaaks!
Dis altyd die ryk mense wat kla!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:38 am

New tariffs from 1 July 2009 - Non local authority

electricity - New cost of electricity Elect

I see there is a large difference between winter and summer tariffs. We will have to start looking at the possibility to rather run two "smaller" pumps during summer and switch off one during winter, when the demand for circulation is much lower, but the tariffs much higher.

The new tariffs will also force people to rather go for low wattage gravity fed low pressure high flow systems as apposed to high wattage, high pressure (sandfilter), pool pump routes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 2:59 pm

Ernst wrote:
Has anybody checked what their new rate for electricity is? When I bought last month before the price hike I was paying 51c per unit excl VAT. Got some units today and now it it's costing 85c per unit. After VAT its 96c per unit!

So the running cost of my pond has almost doubled to R950 per month for using 1.5kw/h for all pumps, air pumps and UV light.

Here in kraai fonterin the electricity is as follows:

> 800 units per maand is 74c / unit excl VAT
>400 < 800 units per maand is 88c / unt excl VAT
<400 units per maand is 66c / unit excl VAT

My pond uses 1.246kw 24/7.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za
Marius Bezuidenhout

Marius Bezuidenhout

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 4:02 pm

You guys are lucky, in the free state nothing is for free, Will posta bill soonbut when I hada leaking pond it was R6500, SHIT that was about 2years bill. No skaap chops and biltong anymore
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:06 pm

Swartland Malmesbury 83.7c incl (Koopkrag)
Dankie tog vir Waterfall pompies, ons praat nou nie uit oor die 2kw heater op my QT tank nie.
Tussen Besigheid, gebou, huis en Koi is ek bevoorreg om so R 26,000.00 p/m op te dok
Back to top Go down
Marius Bezuidenhout

Marius Bezuidenhout

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Before the increase the electricity was R988 and on the latest bill it is R 1678. With the previous account I used 1 x 750W for the greater part of the month, but now both motors are in use. I also run 3 x 55W UV’s and at times I use the air pump consuming 560W.

My water is in the region of R300 per month but the latest bill indicate R1328 ( they told me they did not take a reading the last time, so it is not a true reflection of the amount I use)
Back to top Go down
cam0

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:33 am

Holy crap Marius that is alot
Back to top Go down
Marius Bezuidenhout

Marius Bezuidenhout

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:38 am

Wat se julle manne hiervan:

'''Kaapstad. – Eskom gaan verbruikers later vanjaar nóg ’n skok toedien met ’n aansoek om ’n verdere verhoging van tot 40% vir kraglewering.
Nie alleenlik sal so ’n verhoging die regstreekse koste van elektrisiteit weer skerp verhoog nie, maar die geweldige impak wat dit op voedselpryse sal hê, kan ’n verdere skok wees'''
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:46 am

Die verhooging gaan veroorsaak dat baie mense uit die koi hobby gaan uitval. Op die ou end van die dag moet mense na jou huis en familie kyk en ek wonder hoeveel kan die stokpertjie se uitgewes staaf..... Sorry seun jy kan nie van jaar skool toe gaan nie want papa moet die kois se water en electrisiteit vir die jaar betaal.
Back to top Go down
Ernst

Ernst

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:53 pm

I think it will force us to really start thinking about how we design our ponds. If you design a proper gravity fed system you can get a flow rate of 12 000l/h with a 80W airpump. Double that and you have a flow rate of 24 000l/h for 160W and you are putting air into the water so it's double saving. Add a small 10 000l/h water pump for circulation that runs on 100W and for 260W you can keep a 25 000l pond with 10 jumbo koi very well and it won't cost you more than if you for example were a smoker or partied heavy every weekend. The running cost on a system like this will be less than R350 per month. So we will design more economical ponds, we will stock less koi and we will feed less. The waste water will be pumped into a tank and the garden will be watered with it. We will also start looking into solar water pumps as that is one thing that we have plenty of in this country. We just need to start thinking. The hobby will survive.

But just wait before we panic. Another power hike will close up a lot of farmers. Food will increase and we will stay in recession so let's first see how NERSA reacts....
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Ernst are you thinkiing about changing your setup on your system? Its difficult to retro fit systems...most of my filtration is above water level requiring pumps.
Back to top Go down
Ernst

Ernst

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:10 pm

Nope, not possible in my case either. I hope to build a new house a few years from now and will build a new pond along with it. Till then I'll bite the bullet on this one selling off one fish a year to cover the bill for keeping the rest healthy. lol!

Or I'll just buy a few high grade nissai every year and sell them off after a year or so to pay the bills for the others. With a good system there are some options and as we just saw with JJ's collection....there will always be buyers, even in the middle of a recession.
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Ernst wrote:
Till then I'll bite the bullet on this one selling off one fish a year to cover the bill for keeping the rest healthy. lol!
Now now Ernst, re our happy Koi friend you will then qualify to be a serious dealer. I hope you will consider a dealers stand at our 2010 Show. lol!
Back to top Go down
gakes

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi
please tell me the make and where i may obtain this 10 000l/h water pump for circulation that runs on 100W.
thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New cost of electricity   electricity - New cost of electricity Empty

Back to top Go down

New cost of electricity

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Koi Forum :: General :: Chat - Koi related-