The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
face plant dropsy pumps SPOTS western cape plants dealers skin baytril growth electricity show pond shape Dimilin bubble salt babies 2011 filter Bead food foam white
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chris Neaves

Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter   Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:24 pm

Hi Wayne,

Yes its is working really well. I am very happy with it.

I would definitely install it with a valve immediately after the multicyclone itself. You can then close this valve from time to time and give the settlement tank a good flush.

It certainly collects a large amount of solids each day and I flush every two to three days. It has never blocked up in anyway. It is very easy to clean by just opening the waste valve.

The material used to make it are of good quality and it should last a long time.

It has extended the backwashing time on the sand filters. I do believe it has improved the clarity of the water.

Recently I have also, as a test, removed the sand from the filters (remember I have the sand filters on the skimmer only) and replaced this with zeolite.

I am using zeolite, not for removing ammonia (which it will do anyway) but as a cheap mechanical filtration media. The individual granule size is slightly larger than 3 - 5 mm gravel and it is much lighter. This makes the back flushing much easier for the pump you are using.

Many of my friends have been using zeolite in thier snad filters for along time and have been pestering me to change as they are really happy with teh rsults. So now we try it.

Chris
Back to top Go down
cam0

PostSubject: Re: Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter   Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi,

Where did you buy it from and how much did you pay as a matter of interest?

Your opinion on it removing blanket weed and not becoming clogged?

What is your opinion on purely using the multi cyclone and removing the sand filter?

Cheers,
Cameron
Back to top Go down
Chris Neaves

PostSubject: Re: Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter   Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:22 am

Hi,
I bought it from Petmasters. Paid R5500. Adrian said the first batch was expensive as he flew them in. The new batch is being shipped out (it may have arrived already) and should be cheaper.

It was designed as a prefilter to swimming pool sand filters. Blanket weed is a big problem in ponds when it gets out of control. I wonder how it would react with the mulitcyclone?

I have mine on the surface skimmer but Ernst has his on another part of his pond. Perhaps Ernst can help us here.

The valve after the multicyclone may be the answer because when this is closed the full force of the pump blasts through the multicyclone. This would clear any leaves and algae.

I also recall Adrian at Petmasters ran one on his duck / koi pond - if I recall correctly. That's a lot of solids to contend with. And it worked well.

I see in the pictures I posted that there is a bank of multicyclones on an aquacultural facility - with out sand filters. I will contact the manufacturers and ask for more info for us.

I did run the multicycolne for two weeks with my sand filters by-passed and that worked. Long term it would be very interesting to see if the multicyclone can keep a pond as clear on its own without a sand filter. But if you are using a sand filter as a biological filter and a mechanical filter you would have to replace the gravel in the sand filter with something else to give the nitrifying bacteria a home.

Regards,
Chris
Back to top Go down
cam0

PostSubject: Re: Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter   Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:42 pm

I just spoke to them. They said the next batch is coming into the country end of June at around R5k a piece.

I honestly do not believe this should be priced past R2.5k.
Back to top Go down
cam0

PostSubject: Re: Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter   Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:45 pm

What is the minimum flow required for this item.

I read on a site minimum flow is 3m³/h and max is 30m³/h under 4 bar pressure. So in normal terms that is how many litres per hour?

And what would be the smallest pump to suffice?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter   Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:40 am

3m³/h = 3000 liters / hour

With that specs, I suppose you can use any pump that delivers at least 3000 liters/hour but I have no experience with this filter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
cam0

PostSubject: Re: Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter   Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:01 pm

I did some more research. Most effective when pumped between 9000 - 21000 L/H.
Back to top Go down
bobby

bobby

PostSubject: Re: Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter   Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:19 pm

Question for the experts / Chris Neaves

A UK Dealer Richdon Koi indicated that he tested this product and decided not to stock the item. All I could gather from his comments was that he believed the multicyclone will only be effective with a high pressure pump and therefore pump fed like with a sandfilter and more expensive running cost.

1. Do the experts disagree?
2. Any altgernative set-up and still be effective?

Is there a method how to implement the multicyclone as a polishing filter on a gravity fed pond?
Back to top Go down
cam0

PostSubject: Re: Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter   Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:25 pm

Because it is sold as a pre filter and only removes 80% of debris, I doubt it can perform a polishing effect as a sand filter does.

Secondly i'm sure there are external low wattage pumps that can pump between 9000 to 21000 litres per hour.

I am seriously considering buying a low wattage pump and using this without a sand filter as mechanical filtration.
Back to top Go down
cam0

PostSubject: Re: Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter   Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Petmasters has stock at R4000 if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Marius Bezuidenhout

Marius Bezuidenhout

PostSubject: Re: Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter   Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 8:21 pm

I think it is a reasonable price for the item and it will work well on the 0.75kW pump and sand filter. I think it will work well with the higher flow rate and will remove the bigger pieces as the specifications indicate. If you compare it with the US price and delivery I think the markup is fair compared to the US selling price of $408. At least you can get local backup and you will not have to transfer dollars and all the red tape at banks to import the item
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter   Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Multi Cyclone Centrifugal Filter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2