The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
face Dimilin SPOTS pumps baytril salt plants babies 2011 dropsy food shape western foam bubble small dealers clinofish show pond cape growth electricity filter plant Bead
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Someone is / was trying to catch my koi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

Someone is / was trying to catch my koi Empty
PostSubject: Someone is / was trying to catch my koi   Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 2:26 pm

As some of you might know, i have been having problems with my koi that are developing bumps and bruises for the last few weeks. First i though i had a bacterial problem but now i think some is trying to catch my koi and by trying they are damaging my koi. Evil or Very Mad I doubt that they want to steal the koi to put it in their pond... I live very close to 2 townships and i think that someone living there has discovered this new unclaimed food source in my back garden... Sad

I have a floating bowl that i made from shade cloth and 50mm pipe, today i discovered that the spine of the bowl has been broken in two (I used it last on tuesday) and that a bird bath that is next to my wall has been thown over and broken. Then i discovered that my 48cm Torazo kohaku has been damaged aswell... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad i feel like ringing someones neck because i was planning to enter that koi into the koi show, i dont think it will recover in time, i have docter'd it....

I am now planning to remove any object outside that could be used to catch my fish.

What do you guys think i should do? Exclamation Question
Back to top Go down
Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za
Eugen

Eugen

PostSubject: Re: Someone is / was trying to catch my koi   Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 2:33 pm

i think you should secure your back wall, i don't know if you know them but if i remember correct they have children and i think a pond with nice big fish would attract children to catch them.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Someone is / was trying to catch my koi   Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 4:57 pm

This must all be happening at night...

I think i can rule out animals and birds as (1) herons can't walk into my pond and (2) there is no king fishers in my area. (3) The coping of the pond make it to high to be a cat...maybe a otter but i havnt heard of any in my area and if it was i am sure the fish would be gone and not only injured. Why would an animal need to use a floating basket?

You know the part that is bugging me is...how do you break a 50mm pipe in half? All i can think of is that the perp tried to use the floating bascet as a scoop and that the weight of the water broke its spine as he moved it trough the water....difficult to imagine as it is glass 6 blue PVC pipe not the flimcy white waste PVC.

I have now installed several of those alarm thingies, i don't know if you have seen it before but you basically put one connector on a door and the other on the wall and when they no longer have contact an alarm goes off...

I made some trip wires from them...human height and even added it to my net poles outside...

Usually my dogs sleep inside but they will be sleeping in the entertainment room tonight from where they can go outside at any time...

Some people i know in PE got home to see 2 black dudes running away with two of their koi measuring 70cm +...I wrote a simple article about this last year http://www.koiadventures.co.za/Home.aspx?Page=UsrGeneric.ascx&Rec=269 (I still have to clean up the spelling and grammer) maybe i should start to follow my own advice? I sure as hell dont want a simular sinariio here. Maybe i should put a board in the back of myy garden telling then please dont catch the fish rather ring the bell for a plate of food.

Last edited by wayneb on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eugen

Eugen

PostSubject: Re: Someone is / was trying to catch my koi   Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 7:01 pm

In The KOI mag april 2007 the pond of the month has electrified fencing around it and doesn't look bad
Back to top Go down
Colyn

Colyn

PostSubject: Re: Someone is / was trying to catch my koi   Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 11:20 pm

It really pisses me off to hear stories like this.

These cheap spotlights that you buy at superstores that switch on when they detect motion is an economical way to rig alarms. If I remember correctly you have a bridge with quite a robust lintel over you pond. So rig one of those lights onto each side of your bridge so that the sensor cover the pond. Any motion and the lights go on, then you can wire a cheap siren into the circuits to make a noise as well.

Technology has advanced so fast over the past few years that you can get really small and cheap motion sensors. Maybe you should rig a webcam that watch your pool and program it to capture only motion.

The MTN Spot System is also an option.

Get yourself a hand full of really potent firecrackers and when the alarm goes off just light them and throw them in the vicinity of the pond. That should tell whole neighbourhood that you mean business at your pond Smile

Nou gaan ek stop want hierdie topic sal my in die tronk laat beland. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://forum.tripwired.co.za/index.php
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Someone is / was trying to catch my koi   Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:32 am

My trip wire devices went off twice early this mornig. The first time i was fast asleep and did not hear it going off until my wife woke me at 05:30...went outside could not see anything.

The sencond time it went off at 05:50 i ran outside gun in hand...nothing again. So i dont know....the traps was tripped properly so somthing must have been there.

If i catch somebody there ill try and push him into my pond while i phone the cops....lts hope he can swim lol!

Last edited by wayneb on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eugen

Eugen

PostSubject: Re: Someone is / was trying to catch my koi   Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:45 am

Hey Wayne Wanna Borrow A Cam?
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Someone is / was trying to catch my koi   Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:55 am

The propblem is - How do i connect it to my PC...Is the one you have wireless or does it have a loooooooooonnnnnnngggg cable?
Back to top Go down
Eugen

Eugen

PostSubject: Re: Someone is / was trying to catch my koi   Someone is / was trying to catch my koi EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:14 am

it has a looooong cable but it has a rca connection you can connect it to a tv or a video machine and it got a little nightvision

http://pcu.co.nz/store/product.php?product=2453&PHPSESSID=a4f25f2dd5b372cebcb49fff3daefc8b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone is / was trying to catch my koi   Someone is / was trying to catch my koi Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone is / was trying to catch my koi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1