The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
List disease dealers western pump nexus cape media filter airlift drum pumps Bobby electricity supaverm profidrum spawn SPOTS BLACK vacuum Waterplants Bead lice dropsy shimmies Chris
Latest topics
» Help! What do o do with fry??
filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 am by atb tv

» Pump size relative to the rest of my equipment
filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 am by Bilaal

» Off the grid
filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 pm by GREGB

» Japan souvenir 2017 part 1
filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 pm by atb tv

» Ikeage 2017 of 80cm+
filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 1:58 pm by atb tv

» the ponds in 2017
filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm by atb tv

July 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Bio media

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

filter - Bio media Empty
PostSubject: Bio media   filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 3:19 pm

The summer is on it's way, only 1 month until Spetember. Get your biomedia in order.

Haircurlers for sale at Plastics for Africa (Montague gardens, opposite Macro) @ R 9.00 a bag. It is still the cheapest option if you have space in your bio filter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.koionline.co.za
Phillip

filter - Bio media Empty
PostSubject: Alfagrog   filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm

Admin wrote:
The summer is on it's way, only 1 month until Spetember. Get your biomedia in order.

Haircurlers for sale at Plastics for Africa (Montague gardens, opposite Macro) @ R 9.00 a bag. It is still the cheapest option if you have space in your bio filter.

I used haircurlers for many years, but you need a big filter. Does anyone know where I can find Alfogrog in the Cape Town area?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erwee1

filter - Bio media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio media   filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 3:05 pm

No idea but if you find out, please let us know. Or if anyone is travelling from Gauteng and can bring some down...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sas

filter - Bio media Empty
PostSubject: RE:   filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 8:59 am

To Erwee1:

I bought some Alfogrog from Bromeys few years ago, i am not sure do they still sale them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koibooi

filter - Bio media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio media   filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 9:00 am

Alfagrog is bad news in my books. It is heavy and difficult to clean. The small pieces of stone/rock disintegrate over time and leave a heavy sand type sediment in the bottom of your filter chamber. If a piece accidentily gets sucked into your pump then the plastic impeller of the pump stands no chance against the hard rock.

Rahter use Kaldness K1. Best static or moving media around i.m.h.o. Alternatively use bioballs.

BTW - I also bought Alfagrog from Bromleys in Bellville some years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phillip

filter - Bio media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio media   filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 2:01 pm

My experience is that the good one are not heavy at all and fairly easy to clean. I place it in a peice of net and tie the net to the top of my filter. When I want to clean it once a while, I just lift the net, squirt the alfagrog down with my borehole water and there you go.

Yes, kaldness is very good but quite expensive, and the surface area is not that good compared to alfagrog. It does have the advantage that it cleans itself, provided that you keep it moving. In a very big pond, that is surely the way to go if you can afford it. I think it is totally overpriced, considering the fact that it is made out of plastic. That goes for bio balls too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sas

filter - Bio media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio media   filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 3:35 pm

Phillip wrote:
My experience is that the good one are not heavy at all and fairly easy to clean. I place it in a peice of net and tie the net to the top of my filter. When I want to clean it once a while, I just lift the net, squirt the alfagrog down with my borehole water and there you go.

Yes, kaldness is very good but quite expensive, and the surface area is not that good compared to alfagrog. It does have the advantage that it cleans itself, provided that you keep it moving. In a very big pond, that is surely the way to go if you can afford it. I think it is totally overpriced, considering the fact that it is made out of plastic. That goes for bio balls too.

I agree with you that Kaldness is overpriced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bennie

filter - Bio media Empty
PostSubject: Biomedia and Filter brushes   filter - Bio media Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:03 pm

I have 8 bags of alfagrog(R70per bag) for sale and six big filter brushes(R70 each) for sale.It i still brand new and was in my pond for 1 week before I abandoned my home build filter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

filter - Bio media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio media   filter - Bio media Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bio media

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Koi Forum :: For sale :: Koi related products for sale-