The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Dimilin electricity filter salt SPOTS dealers pond white 2011 growth cape dropsy Bead plants skin food bubble shape babies face foam plant western pumps baytril show
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
pond - Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
pond - Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
pond - Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
pond - Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
pond - Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
pond - Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
pond - Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
pond - Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
pond - Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
albie

albie

pond - Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete Empty
PostSubject: Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete   pond - Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:56 pm

We are settling in Cape Town and in a few months I want to bring my koi here- currently in the "kennels"

I chose and kept 17 koi, but it might be too expensive to bring all of them down- the biggest one is now 90cm (thanks Pieter).

The move was quite expensive, so I do not want to haste with the building of a pond.

A few names were given initially of pond builders and I will contact them when the time is right.

At this stage, I want to slowly start planning and I will be able to do a lot by myself, as I did when I enlarged my previous pond.

At this stage. I need advice on the location of the pond and also want to know if it is really necessary to go the concrete route- Chris Neaves has a beautiful pond with a plastic liner.

This is my garden at the back, the unfortunate situation is that we have basically no sun in this area in winter.

The shrubs are north and the statue got sun during the summer.

Standing with my back to the house:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

To the left:(shade throughout the year)

To the right:

My idea is to build the pond where the statue is and then bring water from the far left, above the patio with a stream and a small waterfall. But this is very open for discussion!

Back to top Go down

Advice on building a new pond:location; plastic vs concrete

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1