The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Bead face cape shape dropsy babies show filter bubble salt 2011 western dealers plants plant SPOTS baytril Dimilin electricity foam pond pumps food white skin growth
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Beautiful Dubai EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Beautiful Dubai EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Beautiful Dubai EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Beautiful Dubai EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Beautiful Dubai EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Beautiful Dubai EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Beautiful Dubai EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Beautiful Dubai EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Beautiful Dubai EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Beautiful Dubai

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rob

Beautiful Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Beautiful Dubai   Beautiful Dubai EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:45 pm

This following extract is taken from the diary of a man who moved to Dubai from NY in 2007...

April 30th: Just got transferred to work and live in beautiful Dubai, UAE! WOW!!! Now this is a city that knows how to live!!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. It's like New York City minus all the crooks, murderers, and drunks. What a place! I watched the sunset from a deck chair on my beautiful bedroom verandah. It was beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

May 13th: Really heating up. Got to 95 degrees today. Not a problem. Live in an air- conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car, and everything is fully air-conditioned. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshiper.

May 30th: Had the backyard landscaped with tropical plants today around our lovely pool. Lots of palms and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here. Heat is no problem at all.

June 10th: The temperature hasn't been below 95 all week even during the night. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th: Fell asleep by the pool. Got 3rd degree burns over 90% of my body. Missed 5 days of work. What a dumb thing to do in this lovely city. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th: Kitty (our cat) sneaked into the car when I left for the office. By the time I got to the hot car for my lunch break, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stank up the $60,000 Audi. I told the kids that she ran away. The car now smells like Wiskettes and cat shit.
I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat.

July 25th: The wind sucks. It feels like a giant hair dryer in here!!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner died. The AC repairman charged 500 Dirhams just to drive over and tell me it was broken.

July 30th: Air conditioner still broken. Been sleeping outside by the pool for 3 nights now because it is 7000 degrees inside. Bloody 2,000,000 Dirhams house and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

August 4th: It's 114 degrees today. Finally got the ol' air-conditioner fixed. It cost 2,000 Dirhams and got the temperature down to 25, but the humidity makes the house feel 30 Dubai degrees. I hate this place.

August 8th: If another local wiseass cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to whack him all the way back to his goddamn desert.
Bloody Dubai; by the time I get to work with all that traffic and heat, the car's radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like a baked cat!!!

August 9th: Tried to run some errands today because it is Friday. Wore shorts and sat on the black leather seats in my Audi. The seat was so hot I thought my ass was on fire. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and my ass. Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried ass, and a baked cat.

August 10th: The weather report might as well be a recording. Hot, humid and sunny. Hot, humid and sunny. Hot, humid and sunny. It's been too hot to do anything for 2 damn months and the weatherman dude on TV says it might really warm up next week. Does it ever rain in this damn place? What is next, a hell freezing over wave?

August 14th: WELCOME TO HELL!!! Temperature got to 120 today. Now the air-conditioner's gone in my Audi. The Audi serviceman said, 'Hot enough for you today?' Stuff him and stuff Audi. Stuff Dubai! What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live in this shit hole?

August 15th: (Independence Day?) Stuff this place. I'm off, back to New York!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Beautiful Dubai

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1