The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
shape western face growth 2011 bubble white baytril food plants pumps SPOTS cape babies pond plant electricity dealers skin Bead dropsy foam show filter Dimilin salt
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
albie

albie

Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner Empty
PostSubject: Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner   Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:22 pm

I have been very quiet on the forum, but has also been very busy work wise.

The koi is doing well and as always a pleasure.

Some of you might remember that I rebuilt my pond a few years ago- sweat and tears, but worthwhile at the end.

We have decided to move to Cape Town and some of my collection will go with.

Our house is in the market and in the process of being sold. We need to go down to CT within the next few weeks, as we plan to move early December.

After all this rambling, the issue.

A pond at our new place-that still needs to be bought!

I have had my experience with building a pond-I think mine is 18 000 liters or less.

I like my filtration, although people might disagree- the usual high pressure system with a sand filter, UV, etc; a stream with water lilies, etc and a home made bakkie filter.

Taking all this into account, can anyone give me an opinion re the best option-building again, buying a fibreglass pond (never seen one) or did what Chris Neaves did. I would like to go a bit bigger than the current size.

Thanks

Albie

Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner   Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi Albie.......I would say rather phone Colin Hunt down in Cape Town.

He is a master builder of anything and everything including ponds and would be my first call if I was deciding to build a pond.

He is on the forums, you would be able to send him a PM to make contact with him or phone him on 082 772 5990
Back to top Go down
albie

albie

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner   Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks Cliff, will do.

Keep well

Albie
Back to top Go down
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner   Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:50 pm

Like Cliff said he will be your best man for advice. he can go what the setting looks like and advise accordingly. You can also call Paul (Admin of this forum) who also lives close by. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Ernst

Ernst

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner   Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:58 am

Hi Albie
Great news to have another koi lover moving to Cape Town. Best province in the country!
Colin is probably one of the best in our circle and he will also be able to help with any alterations to your new house. I highly recommend him.

Please let me know when you are down here. Come have a look at my pond. Bobby and Mark is also very close and get an idea of our filtration systems. In Cape Town you can also pop in at a few of our other members like Quinton etc.

Looking forward to welcoming you in the Cape!

Ernst
Back to top Go down
Ernst

Ernst

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner   Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:58 am

posted twice..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner   Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner Empty

Back to top Go down

Building a new pond- cement vs fibreglass vs a liner

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1