The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
cape pumps disease media filter airlift shimmies nexus Bead vacuum List dropsy supaverm lice electricity Bobby SPOTS profidrum western pump spawn dealers Chris drum Waterplants BLACK
Latest topics
» Help! What do o do with fry??
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 am by atb tv

» Pump size relative to the rest of my equipment
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 am by Bilaal

» Off the grid
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 pm by GREGB

» Japan souvenir 2017 part 1
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 pm by atb tv

» Ikeage 2017 of 80cm+
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 1:58 pm by atb tv

» the ponds in 2017
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm by atb tv

July 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Neli

Neli

Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 3:17 am

U can find broms in many nurceries...They are not expensive...Start from less than R50.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinep

Pinep

PostSubject: Bonsai   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:14 am

Neli, we found a place that is in financial difficulty, and negotiated very hard. This tree was up for R20,000 but we managed to get it @ a lower price. Wish I had more money available.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:43 am

Pinep wrote:
Neli, we found a place that is in financial difficulty, and negotiated very hard. This tree was up for R20,000 but we managed to get it @ a lower price. Wish I had more money available.
Lucky you!
I will look for some when I come...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 am

Hi Pine

How the fig doing after I re potted it Exclamation did you manage to put up the shadow netting Question

Hi Neli,

The nursery name is Topsom Nursery in Randburg(http://www.easyinfo.co.za/htm/custom/topsom/index.htm) they have plenty Figs ,If you manage to kill a fig then don't keep Bonsai. They are very strong Very Happy Very Happy

Next time you come best bring a truck affraid Ill take you around but just a warning you`ll go mad Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 pm

JoesKoi wrote:
Hi Pine

How the fig doing after I re potted it Exclamation did you manage to put up the shadow netting Question

Hi Neli,

The nursery name is Topsom Nursery in Randburg(http://www.easyinfo.co.za/htm/custom/topsom/index.htm) they have plenty Figs ,If you manage to kill a fig then don't keep Bonsai. They are very strong Very Happy Very Happy

Next time you come best bring a truck affraid Ill take you around but just a warning you`ll go mad Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
The name rings a bell. I know most of the nurseries around sundton...William Nicole and witcoppen???? road.
Our house is in Sundton...
If I recall there is a nursery on witcoppen for bonsai...a chinese or Japanese ladie selling...Even took some pictures when I was there.
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 027_6410
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 028_6410
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 029_6410
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 032_6410
i took the pictures but dont know the name of the place...Do U know it?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:42 pm

they also had lotus for sale and a pond in the middle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Neli wrote:
they also had lotus for sale and a pond in the middle.

That is the exact one Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Costs seems to be a bit busy now a days with his Bonsai affraid affraid that there is no time for posting pics Shocked Shocked
Costa`s Fig Tree stunning base Very Happy Very Happy
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Photo210
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Photo_10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:31 pm

That looks good! How much exactly U paid so I know how much to negotiate for.
Now that I know the nursery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:39 am

Joe I sent U two emails...and I am not sure if U got them...I need U to send me a picture of the plant U want...so I know what to look for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:06 am

Stunning trees Pine and Costa, you guys are really hooked now hey cyclops Neli that Bonsai nursery must be very expensive Shocked

Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:46 am

Miya Oki Koi wrote:
Stunning trees Pine and Costa, you guys are really hooked now hey cyclops Neli that Bonsai nursery must be very expensive Shocked
Tommy,
I think if it was expensive they were going to tell Us the price. He he he!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinep

Pinep

PostSubject: Expensive or not - that is the question   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:48 am

Neli wrote:
Miya Oki Koi wrote:
Tommy,

I can confirm that it is true - we are addicted. Expensive is for me a definite YES, but I must admit that with the combined negotiation skills and desire to own a decent Bonsai, of Costa and myself, we managed a good deal that we really couldn't afford. We are pleased with our trees, and the seller was not so pleased with the sale. I kept on telling Costa quietly that it was close to month end and that the guy propably needed money to pay the rent. Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:59 am

Pinep wrote:
Neli wrote:
Miya Oki Koi wrote:
Tommy,

I can confirm that it is true - we are addicted. Expensive is for me a definite YES, but I must admit that with the combined negotiation skills and desire to own a decent Bonsai, of Costa and myself, we managed a good deal that we really couldn't afford. We are pleased with our trees, and the seller was not so pleased with the sale. I kept on telling Costa quietly that it was close to month end and that the guy propably needed money to pay the rent. Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing
What matters most is that You are happy!
I just wanted to compare my negotiating skills to yours when I go to buy one also...He he he!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Hey Costa & Joe.....I decided to get my first bonsai's today!

Got myself a Chiness Elm and a Ficus

Here they are......will be attempting some pruning and repotting on them tomorrow.

I'm quite happy with them....will post update pics when done.

Chinese Elm

Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Chines10

Ficus

Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Ficus_10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Cliff dont do any thing yet. Ones you cut it is wasted. Prepare yourself first.
Join a forum and read ead and read again before you do any thing.
First make a virtual how You want it to look later. Post pictures so people can help You.
http://www.sabonsai.co.za/forum/
I have plenty links .Do You want some?
The bottom one has no tapper, The trunk is the same from top to bottom and very thin at the bottom. Trunk diameter shoild be around 1/6 from the hight.
You will need to grow it in a big pot to thicken the trunk or cut it much shorter.
Plenty more things to do on both of them. Read first! Dont rush!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costa j

costa j

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi Cliff,

Congrats with your new bonsais, you will find it a stunning hobby.

What I would do with your two trees at the moment is just repot them in the same pots , with bonsai mix soil. The bonsai you get from that nursery the soil is no good ( and more clay ) , please listen to me as mine and Pines figs were in the same soil. DO NOT do any cutting at the moment , let the tree start growing in the new soil first.

With your next trees , you must come with Joe , Pine and myself, as its the same with koi , there are a lot of sharks out there.

Will chat to you on your visit to the farm next week.

PS. You will see this hobby is like a drug.

Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:35 pm

oh crap........I've been youtubing etc on bonsai care etc and its mentioned pruning etc when repotting?

So I have been pruning for the last 30 mins or so on the ficus.......is this a problem?

SHould I not repot now, as I am 80% done with the pruning........now what???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costa j

costa j

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Cliff, just finish your pruning , and don't repot, you could shock the tree by doing to much at the same time.

Do you have the proper tools yet , if not ill take you to a place over the weekend to get a good set at a very good price . Don't be in to much of a hurry , as Neli said get advice first.

Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Cliff wrote:
oh crap........I've been youtubing etc on bonsai care etc and its mentioned pruning etc when repotting?

So I have been pruning for the last 30 mins or so on the ficus.......is this a problem?

You can repot. Just get proper soil and read a lot on re-potting before you do it. Bonsai teaches you patience. Be patient. It is a hobby that is another disease.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinep

Pinep

PostSubject: Diseased Bonsai amateur   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 7:44 am

Neli wrote:
Cliff wrote:

You can repot. Just get proper soil and read a lot on re-potting before you do it. Bonsai teaches you patience. Be patient. It is a hobby that is another disease.
So true Neli - and I am sick!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:03 am

ok...so my first attemp at pruning afte quite a bit of youtube....lol

Where did I go wrong?

Did I do OK??

Before
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Ficus_11

After
Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Ficus_12
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:10 am

Pinep wrote:
Neli wrote:
Cliff wrote:

So true Neli - and I am sick!!
How nice! Join the SA forum and bonsai nut
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:14 am

You always prune the top branches more than the bottom. Plants have apical dominance, (tend to grow more on the top) so You cut top short and bottom long, but this plants need to be grown in a training pot, a sacrifice branch left at the bottom to thicken the trunk and I will chop it much shorter. If You want I can make a virtual for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 8:23 am

AAAH CLIFF NOT YOU TO!! Another victim take by the bonsai gang! Exclamation Very nice bonsai Cliff, best of luck with it. This thread brings back lots of old memories and is driving me to the edge of being taken by the bonsai gang. Hell man where must I get the time for this too, think think think.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery   Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sakura koi farm Bonzai Nursery

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next