The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
BLACK cape lice vacuum shimmies nexus Bead dealers Waterplants spawn filter Bobby dropsy supaverm media SPOTS western electricity sealer List airlift pump Chris disease drum profidrum
Latest topics
» Help! What do o do with fry??
Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 am by atb tv

» Pump size relative to the rest of my equipment
Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 am by Bilaal

» Off the grid
Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 pm by GREGB

» Japan souvenir 2017 part 1
Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 pm by atb tv

» Ikeage 2017 of 80cm+
Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 1:58 pm by atb tv

» the ponds in 2017
Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm by atb tv

June 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Masaki female shiro for sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff

Cliff

Masaki female shiro for sale Empty
PostSubject: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Female masaki shiro utsuri

Size is 46cm

R2k takes her!

Masaki female shiro for sale Img_4423

Masaki female shiro for sale Img_4424

Back to top Go down
View user profile
costa j

costa j

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Hey Cliff very nice fish , and very good price, she's carrying eggs as well.

wayneb

wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:13 pm

Why you selling her?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za
costa j

costa j

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:35 pm

He is buying more fish, Twisted Evil Shocked

wayneb

wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Did not even give her a chance. Sad
Back to top Go down
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Cliff why don't you just rather build another pond affraid bounce bounce

Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Wayne, I usually buy 2 or more from the same batch, watch how they turn out after a year or more then keep the ones I want and sell off or move out to make space for another fish when the time comes around. In this case I have decided to keep this ones sibling rather.

This how I control my stocking level and selection. Like I have just purchased 8 tosai from Costa and will see how they progress over the next 2 years or so and move the ones that I feel are less superior to its siblings.

Just how I do things, don't see the point of keeping 2 of the same variety if its not my favourite variety, would rather have more go sanke there

Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:35 pm

That's the right way to do it Cliff Very Happy

wayneb

wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Yeah, it is not a bad idea. The only problem with it is that some koi only show their potential much later in life. With doing it this way one will have good small quality koi but never big good quality koi.

I just wanted to know why you are selling her cause she has potential. The pattern is not excellent, so she will have to be excellent in body shape and colour which i do think she has.
Back to top Go down
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:15 pm

Cliff show us the other one to, maybe then we will agree with you or understand why. Very nice photos,BTW Shocked

Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:33 am

Hey Tommy...here is the other one below.

Wayne, with the one I am selling I can see pretty much what I am going to get regarding sumi and pattern....only thing really unsure of is how the body will turn out., with this one here below I know even less, however it has a stronger body and the sumi when it comes up I'm sure will make for an interesting shiro.

I really dont like catching the one below, she is very very active and almost hit the edging trying to jump out of the net.....last time when I tried to catch her she jumped out and injured herself, so I really try not to catch her.

She also doesn't sit still!

Am I making the right choice?

I think so!

Masaki female shiro for sale Img_4426

Masaki female shiro for sale Img_4427

Masaki female shiro for sale Img_4428
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:40 pm

I think the angle at which U held the camera is a bit too small. It makes the body appear funny. hpld the camera a bit more vertical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wayneb

wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 4:46 pm

You are right, the bottom ones body is better. The one you are trying to sell is pregnant too early. Sad

Pattern wise i think they are equal. I dont think the one you are keeping is going to have a better pattern. From what i can see the sumi seems located to the one side of the body - same as the one you trying to sell. The one you are keeping seems to have a better white but it might be the photo only.

It is a bit of a gamble Cliff, there is no guarantee that the later on is going to turn out better. What bothers me a little bit about the one you are keeping is that i don't see one place where the sumi is up and solid. So you have no idea what you are going to get. The later is more long term fish and more fun if you are into those type of things but something Hannes Uys told me is you want at least one spot somewhere on the Shiro where its sumi shows you what it will be eventually capable of.

If you need to get rid of one now, i think you are making the right decision if one only looks at the body shape, other than that i really cant say.
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:54 am

She got a red mark on the side when I caught her, person came to see her on saturday and said straight away he will take her for R2k. I mentioned the red mark on the side as she jumped when I caught her and said lets see how she clears up first and that he can tak her next week.

Will decide if I call him because I am realising I may not have given her a fair chance as yet and think I should keep her for another season.

So will decide this week end if I call that individual as she has cleared up completely now.

Wayne, you may cost me a sale here bud, however a sale I may not regret not taking!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:31 am

Hi Cliff
I feel you are a bit hasty, give them some time first you might be sorry. JMO Very Happy

Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:45 am

you right Tommy.........takes time to get a fish to this size from tosai, also that she's female is a bonus which is something you cannot guarantee from tosai.....so think best to hold onto her and see what she looks like in April next year when she is 50cm plus

thanks again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:52 am

Cliff keep us posted on the development of these two fish, think every body are curios already to see these two develop now, think you are making the right choice now. Very Happy

Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:40 am

Miya Oki Koi wrote:
Hi Cliff
I feel you are a bit hasty, give them some time first you might be sorry. JMO Very Happy
Yes! Somewhat impatient...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Quote :

at least im concisious of not wanting an over stocked pond and amd trying to give my fish the best possible space and environment to live in..........if I make a mistake along the way then at least it will serve as a reminder that I am in fact just human! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costa j

costa j

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Who needs more practice in taking decent photos, Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Cliff wrote:
Quote :

at least im concisious of not wanting an over stocked pond and amd trying to give my fish the best possible space and environment to live in..........if I make a mistake along the way then at least it will serve as a reminder that I am in fact just human! Very Happy
Dont be so serious! We are just teasing U!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Neli wrote:
Cliff wrote:
Quote :

Dont be so serious! We are just teasing U!

stop being so serious Neli....I'm just teasing you afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 4:09 pm

He hehe!
It sounded toooooooooooo serious to be not serious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wayneb

wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Shiros are 4+ years type varieties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masaki female shiro for sale   Masaki female shiro for sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Masaki female shiro for sale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1