The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
plant SPOTS baytril skin white 2011 Bead show food filter babies pond salt pumps foam electricity cape western face growth dropsy shape dealers Dimilin bubble plants
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

my gin rin tancho hariwaki

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chris coomber

chris coomber

my gin rin tancho hariwaki Empty
PostSubject: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Please rate this fish, she's one of my favourites.
Attachments
ChrisC.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(27 Kb) Downloaded 39 times
Back to top Go down
Muhammad

Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Awesome fish!
Back to top Go down
http://muhammadkaka@flysaa.com
chris coomber

chris coomber

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Can you believe I got it from a pet shop for 50 bucks, was still tiny and marked as select grade. Somehow I managed to spot this one in between all the others.
Back to top Go down
chris coomber

chris coomber

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:46 pm

I'm still new to this forum, so learning how to post pics, need to find a way to post better quality pics.
Back to top Go down
PIET UNGERER

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:08 am

Hi

From what I can see nice, I like gin rin on any koi

Piet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:00 am

Hi,

Sorry to say but I think the Hi (red) will disappear with time and that the Shiroji (White) will become yellowish. Sad
Back to top Go down
chris coomber

chris coomber

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi pieter, iv had this fish over 2 years now and so far the tancho spot has held up well, I just hope it lasts. As for the yellowish colouration that's due to my water being stained yellow/brown, ill take a better photo tomorrow and post it.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Nice fish....Very nice...unique! The tancho could have been better.
Back to top Go down
chris coomber

chris coomber

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:26 am

I agree the tancho spot could have been more round, but I like a big tancho spot so that as the koi grows it doesn't end up with a tiny spot. And for 50 bucks I think its a bargain! The photo doesnt do the koi justice, the gin rin scales on the metallic white skin are awesome in the sunlight. I took the photos with my phone and it can't handle the reflection off this fish in the sun lol.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:44 am

chris coomber wrote:
I agree the tancho spot could have been more round, but I like a big tancho spot so that as the koi grows it doesn't end up with a tiny spot. And for 50 bucks I think its a bargain! The photo doesnt do the koi justice, the gin rin scales on the metallic white skin are awesome in the sunlight. I took the photos with my phone and it can't handle the reflection off this fish in the sun lol.
I love gin rin Koi too...for me they are the real jewels...after all they are called jewels and jewels are supposed to sparkle!
Back to top Go down
chris coomber

chris coomber

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:56 am

For me I only like gin rin on non go sanke koi. For some reason I really don't like gin rin showa, sanke or kohaku. Iv often seen photos of really nice paterned go sanke and thought to myself "damn that would have been an awesome fish if it didn't have gin rin scales". But that's just my personal preference. I still want to find a very good quality gin rin chagio once my pond is done, but iv still got so much work to do on it. So far its just the floor and 2 courses of blocks!
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:05 am

chris coomber wrote:
For me I only like gin rin on non go sanke koi. For some reason I really don't like gin rin showa, sanke or kohaku. Iv often seen photos of really nice paterned go sanke and thought to myself "damn that would have been an awesome fish if it didn't have gin rin scales". But that's just my personal preference. I still want to find a very good quality gin rin chagio once my pond is done, but iv still got so much work to do on it. So far its just the floor and 2 courses of blocks!
I love gin rin ...any kind...Bought in Japan some gin rin goshiki...shiro, ochiba, and showa...still in QT...
My pond is still a hole...struggling to break the huge stones in the hole...But I bought every thing for it...Ones I break the stones...it must be ready in two weeks hopefully.
Back to top Go down
chris coomber

chris coomber

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:33 am

How big is your pond going to be? Mines going to be around 25 000 liters. Its going to be 5mx3mx1.7m deep, i couldnt dig as deep as wanted to due to rock, so around 0,7m will be above ground.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 am

Mine is also above ground...here is my pond.
https://koionline.forumotion.com/t2978-new-pond-neli
I have seens revised my plans...I revise them every day...he he he!
U must post your pond and drawings...people can advise how to make it better.
Back to top Go down
chris coomber

chris coomber

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Heres a better photo of this fish with cleaner water and a blue bowl.
Attachments
chris11.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(22 Kb) Downloaded 23 times
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:01 pm

I love the gin rin on it...nice body shape... Overall very good fish!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:46 am

Very nice body shape and good ginrin.

Some judges will not bench it as Tancho bacause of the orange on the left eye and a Tancho must only have one spot. It also apears that the orange extends a bit onto the skin in one spot? (if you resize the pic), and if the spot extends even a bit onto the skin, it is technically not a Tancho. However, most judges will not be that technical.

Bargain for what you paid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my gin rin tancho hariwaki   my gin rin tancho hariwaki Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Koi Forum :: Koi appreciation :: Photos of the good, bad and ugly koi-