The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
shape dropsy cape growth baytril foam 2011 salt plant western Bead small dealers show plants filter pond Dimilin babies bubble food pumps electricity SPOTS clinofish face
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

New pond Neli

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Neli

Neli

New pond Neli - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:11 pm

Wayne look at this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I think in the case U mentioned it is not so much the 4" pipe that can not flow the water and creates a large draw down...it is the media too that affected it in your case...
I need to put my chambers in parallel, or use less restrictive media...
U can flow 13000GPH with a draw down of 10" by gravity...and more if your drop is more...
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:42 am

Found some big rocks....
Got fire wood to break them.
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:41 am

I would've tried to keep the rocks and include them as a feature around the pond.

Looking good so far Neli
Back to top Go down
vossie

vossie

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:21 am

`ll be on cliff with this nice looking rocks to leave in the pond
Back to top Go down
http://www.theltbclub.co.za
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:00 am

Cliff wrote:
I would've tried to keep the rocks and include them as a feature around the pond.

Looking good so far Neli
Cliff my Darling,
I have one pond full of rocks...now I want a formal pond...and if I leave them they will have to be covered with steel reinforcement (that is what I did on the old pond) and cemented just like the rest of the pond.
It is such a headache to break them...
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:14 am

vossie wrote:
`ll be on cliff with this nice looking rocks to leave in the pond
Have U seen how many rocks I have in my old pond? They disrupt the flow...and not too suitable for a formal pond...
After I finish this pond....maybe I will break the old pond and do it properly...or just keep my fry inside...
This is my old pond Vossie:
This are old pictures...now it is planted nicely.
Back to top Go down
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:11 pm

New Project looking Good Neli Very Happy Very Happy that is a stunning pond doesn't look very deep though Very Happy but I agree with you on removing all the rocks for your new pond Laughing
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:57 pm

JoesKoi wrote:
New Project looking Good Neli Very Happy Very Happy that is a stunning pond doesn't look very deep though Very Happy but I agree with you on removing all the rocks for your new pond Laughing
Yes Joe,
It is not deep...most of it is shallow and that is because i did not know anything when I build it and there were too many rocks...
There are some pools 1.5 meter deep but the Koi dont like them...hey are always in the shallow part...
I am breaking this rocks no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:34 pm

I never said in the pond, I said around the pond.

I agreem with not having rocks inside, however feel they would compliment the top surroundings of the pond nicely if you could get a machine that can remove them?

Back to top Go down
vossie

vossie

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:52 pm

nelli i see your problem now in more perspectif
Back to top Go down
http://www.theltbclub.co.za
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Cliff wrote:
I never said in the pond, I said around the pond.

I agreem with not having rocks inside, however feel they would compliment the top surroundings of the pond nicely if you could get a machine that can remove them?

Good idea Cliff,if it was going to be...natural like pond...But I want to make it retro style...with mosaics...a sculpture...formal modern like pond...
Like the one I posted a picture of...I dont think rounded rocks will look very good around it.

And the biggest problem is I can not remove them.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 pm

vossie wrote:
Vossie when U write about my problem U must write it in Caps:PROBLEM it is a big one...managed to break half of two stones today....
Back to top Go down
Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi Neli.
Nice size pond Neli, hope it brings you lots of joy and excitement. Will your pond be above ground level to? Its always a nice idea because it keeps the unwanted out - like dirt and gras. Makes a nice sitting place to if you make it about 500mm high. Smile
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Miya Oki Koi wrote:
Hi Neli.
Nice size pond Neli, hope it brings you lots of joy and excitement. Will your pond be above ground level to? Its always a nice idea because it keeps the unwanted out - like dirt and gras. Makes a nice sitting place to if you make it about 500mm high. Smile
Thank U Tommy,
it will be 60cm above ground...maybe with window...if i find what I need.
Most importantly...it will keep the tods out...I have a big problem with them in the other pond...
They come from kilometers to lay their eggs and call all their friends...
FOR NOW IT IS BRINGING ME LOTS OF HEADACHES...he he he!
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Every night I redesign my pond...This in line with what Wayne advised...
This is the latest I have come up with...
This is only half of the filter...My BD will have 2 pipes...I want to put both at the end of the SC...and one of them will bring water into the SC...and will use a stand pipe on it when I want to flush it...the other one will have a stand pipe in it and an airlift at the same time...The airlift will flush it twice a day...the stand pipe gives me an option to flush it manually, if I need to.
Also in case the stand pipe later starts leaking...the water will not be lost...
There are two long basins parallel that are divided into chambers...I want to put one long pipe under each of them...with a stand pipe in each chamber to allow me to flush them individually.
Both will be 4" pipes, coming out of the filters, beyond the outside wall. joining with a bends and a pipe between them outside the pond.
That pipe that joins them I want to put 5-6 4" T...with a reducer to 2" and a valve on each of the 6 pipes...
When I want to flush...any chamber...I put a stand pipe in the BD pipe in the SC, and remove the stand pipe of the chamber I want to flush...and open all 6 valves outside the pond...will that work?
Do U see any problems?
Also the latest change I made is that I split the flow from SC into two mechanical filters...scared my media is too restrictive and if I want to put larger pumps later...it will have too large draw down...
The red pipe from SC is going to the two MF...mechanical filters...then I will pump directly from the last two chambers...of the bio filters...
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:34 pm

The diagram of it..
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:16 pm

some progress today after the long holidays...Finished breaking the stones, leveled the pond with my home made level...(air tube filled with PP solution)
and started digging for my DIY BD and pipes...Visitors the whole day...disturbing me...
This is the final design for today...might change by tomorrow...He he he!
dont look at the right filter ...that is version two...it will be mirror of the left filter...each with pumps.
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:07 pm

The rats there in Zambia seem pretty tame!

Looking good!
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Darling,
that rat is south african...he he he! Born and bred in Jbg...flown first class to zambia...
Back to top Go down
Colin Hunt

Colin Hunt

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:27 pm

Neli wrote:
vossie wrote:
Vossie when U write about my problem U must write it in Caps:PROBLEM it is a big one...managed to break half of two stones today....

Neli, you get a chemical called "Crack It" that you pour into 40 mm holes that you drill into the rock and leave it overnight. It fractures the rock and makes the breaking process much easier.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:16 am

Thanks collin!
I dont have it here probably...and nothing to drill holes with...I burned them and I am done now...
Need to ask U some questions...
I am building the walls with 6" hollow blocks, two parallel walls with space between them 10cm...Will fill the blocks with concrete, and the gup between the walls too.
Is that space of 10cm enough?
I am putting inside the space Y12 plus highway mesh...some kind of square hole mesh that looks almost like R6 round bar...
I am putting the Y12 on the bottom at 30x30cm squares..plus the highway mesh...but on the sides at 40cm space...with several bars going horizontally...5 of then at 35cm space in between...Want to reinforce the corners too with pillows with rings...
Should I put another pillow in the center of the long wall? or it will be OK?
Do U see any problems...Starting the concrete in 2-3 days...still fixing the pipes.
Back to top Go down
Colin Hunt

Colin Hunt

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:46 am

Neli, that is one strong wall if you are going to fill the centre of the blocks with concrete and steel reinforcing plus 100mm of reinforced concrete in the centre is extremely strong and there is no need for columns in the centre.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Colin Hunt wrote:
Neli, that is one strong wall if you are going to fill the centre of the blocks with concrete and steel reinforcing plus 100mm of reinforced concrete in the centre is extremely strong and there is no need for columns in the centre.
Thank U my Darling!
I am so scared not to mess up again...have sleepless nights...U have made me to sleep well...I even bought the steel for the columns...will add it as horizontal reinforcement...
I first bought the Y12...then saw someone putting that mesh...what ever it is called...so I went and bought 50m of that as well....he he he! Scared! so now there will be Y12 plus that mesh...dont want it to leak or crack...I plan to make the slab 25cm is it OK or can I reduce it a bit?
Back to top Go down
Colin Hunt

Colin Hunt

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Neli, you can reduce it if you wish but do not go less than 100mm. This is the thickness the swimming pool guys go on their concrete or gunite pool.
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:01 am

OK! Thanks...will go down to 20cm...I wanted it at first 30...then reduced to 25 now I will settle on 20...had rocks in one corner...scared of differential settlement...I am a panic mechanic...U should see me gluing pipes in my sitting room since the floor is so horizontal and I dont trust anyone to do it...He he he!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New pond Neli   New pond Neli - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New pond Neli

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next