The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
nexus Bobby List Chris BLACK electricity drum shimmies spawn sealer SPOTS Waterplants supaverm disease lice cape media western filter dropsy vacuum airlift dealers Bead profidrum pump
Latest topics
» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 am by atb tv

» Pump size relative to the rest of my equipment
Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 am by Bilaal

» Off the grid
Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 pm by GREGB

» Japan souvenir 2017 part 1
Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 pm by atb tv

» Ikeage 2017 of 80cm+
Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 1:58 pm by atb tv

» the ponds in 2017
Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm by atb tv

» Ikeage in Japan
Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 9:48 am by atb tv

» Feeding in cold weather
Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 8:24 pm by Ernest39

May 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Kurihara Showa.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
costa j

costa j

Kurihara Showa. Empty
PostSubject: Kurihara Showa.   Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:46 am

Hi Wayne, and Tommy.
This Showa comes from KURIHARA, He decided to keep it, and its amazing how it changes , and for how many years. Look at pics from left to Right. at ages 2,4,5,7, and 8.
Now how many people would have got rid of it at the age of 4 or so.?
The Showas I saw there are stunning, and I will be going back there in October.
Hannes he has promised to put some Showa's aside for us.
Kurihara Showa. IMG_0449[IMG]http://

costa j

costa j

Kurihara Showa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurihara Showa.   Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:53 am

All the Tosai in the videos come from him. Will try post videos.
Kurihara Showa. IMG_0432

Miya Oki Koi

Miya Oki Koi

Kurihara Showa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurihara Showa.   Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi Costa.
Awesome end product! Fine example of showa. Lots of people see Showa totally wrong.. Its a black fish with red and white pattern, So in your mind you need to see a black fish and then imagine someone made stickers out of red and white and stuck it onto the fish. If you learn to look at Showa this way you will soon understand the fish much better and learn to appreciate it in the right way. More than half of hobbyists don't have the patience to wait for Showa to fully develop and that's why they would have flocked this Showa at an early stage. One thing I learned from Showa is that the ugly ones in the batch turn to be the show fish in time and that pretty one that every one liked as tosai is the one that lets you down after two years or so. When I cull Showa I look at the body and then the Hi pattern, that's it! Forget about the sumi, it will come on its own in a few years time. If you look at this fish at 2 years I bet it didn't have a speckle of sumi up to six or seven months but a interesting hi pattern. 90% of my Showa spawning were like this and lots of people thought that its baby Kohaku. Went to the Mud pond this morning and saw some interesting things in there... Bottom line- Like the ugly duckling and have patience, it will turn to a swan.

hvanaswegen

Kurihara Showa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurihara Showa.   Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:56 pm

Costa
It looks promosing,and I would be interested to go to other farms we havent visited last year.Showa is definately on my shopping list for this year...Cant wait its going to be very interesting to see what we come back with.

Hannes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

Kurihara Showa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurihara Showa.   Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:30 am

Very nice Costa! Very educational too. Sakai showa has lots of sumi at tosai age...I wonder if that is good or bad.
Or different blood lines develop in different ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costa j

costa j

Kurihara Showa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurihara Showa.   Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:17 am

Nelli, I think showa's from different breeders develop at different stages of their lives, also when I asked this breeder if all his showa's are long term like this one , he said yes,"but" in his water conditions, he would not know what they would be like in our water , as he said water is not the same all over the world, and he relies on feedback from his customers.
That's why this hobby is so great, no matter who you are, we all learn every day and sometimes we give up too soon on a fish. cheers

Hannes,I can imagine you have ant's in your pants and can't wait for October, but VASBYT lol! lol! lol!

Tommy, don't worry will get you a Swan from there in October. lol! cheers cheers

Neli

Neli

Kurihara Showa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurihara Showa.   Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:48 pm

costa j wrote:
Nelli, I think showa's from different breeders develop at different stages of their lives, also when I asked this breeder if all his showa's are long term like this one , he said yes,"but" in his water conditions, he would not know what they would be like in our water , as he said water is not the same all over the world, and he relies on feedback from his customers.
That's why this hobby is so great, no matter who you are, we all learn every day and sometimes we give up too soon on a fish. cheers

Hannes,I can imagine you have ant's in your pants and can't wait for October, but VASBYT lol! lol! lol!

Tommy, don't worry will get you a Swan from there in October. lol! cheers cheers
I knew about different breeders showa developing in different ways...but did not know about the water.
Despite knowing that they develop in different way, I am not too sure what to expect from a Sakai showa...how it develops...Do U know?
I think that kind of information is hard to find unless U see pictures like yours...
My water is hard and PH is high. 8.5 from the borehole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costa j

costa j

Kurihara Showa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurihara Showa.   Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Nelli, sorry I have not bought Showa from Sakai for a long time now, but I do get from his neighbour Sakuma who is a few blocks away, and his Showas turn out stunning in my water.
My borehole water comes out the ground at 6.8 and with a bit of oxygen gets to 7.4.
I find all my colours do very very well, especially in the mud dams.

But as you say , keeping update pics is the best way to see how the fish develope.

Neli

Neli

Kurihara Showa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurihara Showa.   Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Lucky U!
I have lots of limestone here...
I will ask on another forum...maybe someone knows...it is hard to wait for many years...to find out...he he he!
Too impatient...but Sakai should be very good...it made its name long ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PIET UNGERER

Kurihara Showa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurihara Showa.   Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:02 pm

costa j wrote:
Hi Wayne, and Tommy.
This Showa comes from KURIHARA, He decided to keep it, and its amazing how it changes , and for how many years. Look at pics from left to Right. at ages 2,4,5,7, and 8.
Now how many people would have got rid of it at the age of 4 or so.?
The Showas I saw there are stunning, and I will be going back there in October.
Hannes he has promised to put some Showa's aside for us.
Kurihara Showa. IMG_0449[IMG]http://

Sir Costa

Amazing looking showa

Is that not the same one that I pick to keep and put my money. .....nobody wanted to back it

Piet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
costa j

costa j

Kurihara Showa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurihara Showa.   Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi Piet, I wish I had that Showa , he won the all Japan show with it. bounce

Sponsored content

Kurihara Showa. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurihara Showa.   Kurihara Showa. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kurihara Showa.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Koi Forum :: Koi appreciation :: Before and after photos - koi development-