The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Dimilin pumps Bead western plant plants skin salt growth dropsy pond SPOTS foam face filter white baytril bubble 2011 babies cape shape dealers electricity show food
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Shiro Usturi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

Shiro Usturi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:03 am

Shiro Usturi - Page 2 Download

Joe, the white on your koi looks good so does the sumi. (The photo is not great because its from the flank - it makes it difficult to see the body of the koi).

The pattern on this koi is very well distributed. The colours and skin is good but i am not that sure about the bodyshape.

It feels a little bit stubby, too short or something, its thick towards the front. I have a feeling this koi is going to rugby ball on you but it could be the photo and it is dependent on the kois length. Shiro Utsuri and Showa has a genetic trend to rugby ball at around 55cm and not go grow much length wise. That is why one wants a fairly thin looking shiro when one is buying at 40cm.

Whats up with the one pectoral? Seems like it has been trimmed?
Back to top Go down
Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:54 am

wayneb wrote:
Shiro Usturi - Page 2 Download

Joe, the white on your koi looks good so does the sumi. (The photo is not great because its from the flank - it makes it difficult to see the body of the koi).

The pattern on this koi is very well distributed. The colours and skin is good but i am not that sure about the bodyshape. What is its length?

It feels a little bit stubby, too short or something, its thick towards the front. I have a feeling this koi is going to rugby ball on you but it could be the photo.

Whats up with the one pectoral? Seems like it has been trimmed?

Wayne, Thank you Smile What is its length? She is 41cm .Whats up with the one pectoral? nothing just the way the photo was taken . the other photo is from when she first arrived not great photo but you can see the pectoral
Attachments
shiro usturi.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(63 Kb) Downloaded 14 times
japfeb2012test1008.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(28 Kb) Downloaded 14 times
Back to top Go down
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Joe,
I like your shiro very much. Some time pictures, angle, and water can distort a fish.
For me when evaluating body proportions, and future growth, I look at the following.
The triangle formed between the eyes and the tip of the nose should have equal sides...it is an indication of good potential growth.
Also I look at the head to fit 4.5 times in the body....if those proportions are good, U can expect good large Koi.
Thick tail tube is another good indication to me.
Helicopter tube body is a no no! And yours does not have that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:14 am

joe let me just say i've been the lucky one , second to you that has had the honor of working hand s on with this fish with thousands of other fish that have passed thought my hands this is one of the best shiros to do so , may be its the photo which she hates every thing you would want to be inplace for a fantastic fish is there proportions , markings , balance , skin, fins , head pattern , bloodline , body , presence you've got it all ....... and the fish is showing all the above at the correct age . trust me people when i tell you watch this fish cyclops cyclops in a year or two it will be un stopable at any show Smile Smile imo
Back to top Go down
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:45 am

Neli,

Thank You so much Very Happy Very Happy

Lionel,

Thank you for all the effort you put in Very Happy Very Happy just to let you know she is eating very well in the quarantine tank & seems happy cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:03 am

Joe,

Sorry, but I don't like it.....................
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Pieter J de Villiers wrote:
Joe,

Sorry, but I don't like it.....................

Why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Paul,

I am not saying it is not a nice fish. It is only that it does not appeal to me. I must agree with Wayne that it is a bit “short”
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Lets not judge a book completely by its cover......Lionel is not the best phtographer as yet....he is however getting there........I have seen the fish and it is a fine example and is definitely not a stumpy fish
Back to top Go down
Colin Hunt

Colin Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Joe if you are two minded now....... I will put it in my pond any day. Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:53 pm

If one asks for opinions about a fish, you have to accept that 1) You asked for it 2) The comments might not all be good 3) the evaluation happen from a photo so its not going to be 100% accurate and 4) Its just peoples opinions in the end.

The only opinion that counts in the end is your own.

Back to top Go down
Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za
Colin Hunt

Colin Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Totally agree Wayne.
Back to top Go down
JoesKoi

JoesKoi

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:51 am

I also agree with Wayne

Everyone has the right to like or dislike a koi like everything else ,at the end of the day its up to me, and I love this koi Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Photos do definitely make a difference how the koi looks Shocked
The reason why I post photos is to see if I am heading on the right track bounce

Thanks to everyone for your comments cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:59 am

Rolling Eyes i agree 100% and like the fact that people comment on the fish it make's you look at it from all angles - and no offence taken(keep it up ) Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shiro Usturi   Shiro Usturi - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shiro Usturi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next