The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Chris spawn airlift List filter supaverm lice Bobby pump BLACK SPOTS western drum Bead electricity vacuum disease shimmies Waterplants media dealers nexus sealer cape profidrum dropsy
Latest topics
» Help! What do o do with fry??
Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 am by atb tv

» Pump size relative to the rest of my equipment
Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 am by Bilaal

» Off the grid
Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 pm by GREGB

» Japan souvenir 2017 part 1
Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 pm by atb tv

» Ikeage 2017 of 80cm+
Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 1:58 pm by atb tv

» the ponds in 2017
Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm by atb tv

June 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Compressor connected finally to sand filter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neli

Neli

Compressor connected finally to sand filter Empty
PostSubject: Compressor connected finally to sand filter   Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Neville has been helping me to connect a compressor to my sand filter.
He told me to use some bolt and nut for rear breaks for car....could not figure out what exactly it is, so I had to improvise.
Found some fittings for a compressor 5 in a packet, and used those to connect...just had to look for a nut. I used the top right one.
It cleaned my sand filter today to perfection in 3 min.
Monday I will clean it again and remove all the sand to see how well it is cleaned...
Hope all will be well!
I love the way my sand filters clean, but it was hard cleaning by hand every other day...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: My compressor finally connected to the sand filter.   Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:58 pm

This are the fittings I bought
Compressor connected finally to sand filter Compressorfittings

This fitting I clued behind a piece of metal so no water can escape and used it to put on top of the fitting connected to the pipe so that water does not come out when the compressor is off.
The fitting and the compressor just fit into it, and there is a release spring to remove it.
Compressor connected finally to sand filter 014640x480-Copy-1
The compressor came with all kind of goodies:
Compressor connected finally to sand filter 004
Connected the fitting to one of the inlet pipes after I cut it.
Compressor connected finally to sand filter 015640x480-Copy
Compressor connected finally to sand filter 005640x480-Copy-1
Here is the compressor without water flowing
Compressor connected finally to sand filter 009640x480-Copy
and here it is with water flowing:
Compressor connected finally to sand filter 006640x480-Copy
This is how my sand looks like after cleaning
Compressor connected finally to sand filter 011640x480-Copy
And here is the filter and the compressor, next to my filter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Compressor connected finally to sand filter   Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks for sharing.

Koi are not my whole life but make my life whole
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.koionline.co.za
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Compressor connected finally to sand filter   Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:24 pm

U are welcome Admin!Every one knows how to connect a sand filter to a compressor...but I wanted to show the fittings I used...since those U need to improvise, and there is nothing ready to buy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neli

Neli

PostSubject: Re: Compressor connected finally to sand filter   Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Today I cleaned with air again the sand filter, and decided to remove all the sand and see how well it is cleaned by the compressor.
I found that above the arms the sand was nice clean and white....as I reached deeper, the nearer I went to the arms...the more I found a very fine buoyant sediment...of organic nature...
When I steered the sand under the arms...I found lots of that sediment...
After steering it, I took a jar 500ml of water and the sediment in it was around 3cm...the total amount of water in the filter was not more than 10 liters...
Would like to find out:
Am I doing something wrong...or it is normal.
How dangerous is that? I read so much about anaerobic conditions...heterotrophes...
Have I connected it OK or maybe not?
Can that be old dirt from before...since I used to steer it with hands...that is not yet cleaned? ( it is the second time I am using it)
I will remove the sand again after a month and see if it will be cleaner after a month of cleaning with the compressor.
Can I make any improvement to it?
I clean it always every other day.
If after a month is still dirty, I will fill it with concrete up to 1cm bellow the arms, where it seems the air does not penetrate, and accumulate dirt.Hope it will be better then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compressor connected finally to sand filter   Compressor connected finally to sand filter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compressor connected finally to sand filter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1