The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
supaverm dropsy pump dealers airlift media SPOTS pumps cape Chris lice spawn nexus BLACK filter shimmies profidrum vacuum disease Bobby Bead electricity Waterplants List drum western
Latest topics
» Help! What do o do with fry??
filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 am by atb tv

» Pump size relative to the rest of my equipment
filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 am by Bilaal

» Off the grid
filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 pm by GREGB

» Japan souvenir 2017 part 1
filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 pm by atb tv

» Ikeage 2017 of 80cm+
filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 1:58 pm by atb tv

» the ponds in 2017
filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm by atb tv

August 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Bakki showers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fischerchem

filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bakki showers   filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:16 am

Cliff wrote:
Hey fischerchem

Looks good!

Question, where did you get that tray from and what media is that in there?

the media is far infrared bacteria house

The bakki shower is from China, if you are interesting in it, Very Happy let me know, we could supply 7 sizes.
Attachments
high quality bacteria house.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(62 Kb) Downloaded 8 times
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.forwardsea.com
Dbnguy

Dbnguy

PostSubject: Re: Bakki showers   filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Hey Guys,

Ok so this is DEFINITELY the route I will be adopting in my new pond, rather than the conventional submerged type filter.

One question though, if my pond size is going to be about 35 000 liters, how many crates would I need to sustain the pond?

I was thinking about getting 2 towers of 5 crates each. (Bottom crate empty to allow water to drain back tot he pond, but the 4 above it will be fulled with bio balls.)

Now looking at some pics, it seems that this may be a tad overkill. I see most people only have 1 tower of about 4 - 5 crates for quite large ponds...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lee
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fubar

PostSubject: Re: Bakki showers   filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi Lee,

I built a catchment area and suspended the bakkis above this. I think you would do very well with 2x 4tier (i have a 2x 2tier, and have not used my UV lights since. my pond is half the size of yours and overstocked). I have room for another tier, but the company that I bought the crates from are out of stock for now. I not a big fan of bio-balls, I prefer pumice and lava rock coz IMHO they are more porous and the bacteria seem to strive better in them). go to the market and get your hands on lots of veggie bags. make "pods" by filling veggie bags with other veggie bags - don't stuff them as you will need water to flow through them. I would suggest only these pods in the 1st tier if the bakki to trap bigger particles. in the second put 1 third pumice and pods on top of these and the remainder of the tiers fill them with 50% of pumice - this way you would only have to rinse the pods out and not the pumice. Pumice you can source from MUTIMEX in pinetown, they usually have a 25kg bag of 3-5cm stones for R255 ex vat.

all the best
V
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dbnguy

Dbnguy

PostSubject: Re: Bakki showers   filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:18 am

V thanks a million. I really appreciate the feedback!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quinten

quinten

PostSubject: Re: Bakki showers   filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:34 pm

Some very nice Bakki showers ,

And so easy to make to Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bakki showers   filter - Bakki showers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bakki showers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum