The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
profidrum BLACK electricity List western Bobby disease pumps drum spawn airlift pump cape Chris supaverm shimmies media filter lice vacuum SPOTS dropsy Waterplants Bead nexus dealers
Latest topics
» Help! What do o do with fry??
filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 10:58 am by atb tv

» Pump size relative to the rest of my equipment
filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 am by Bilaal

» Off the grid
filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 pm by GREGB

» Japan souvenir 2017 part 1
filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 pm by atb tv

» Ikeage 2017 of 80cm+
filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 1:58 pm by atb tv

» the ponds in 2017
filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm by atb tv

August 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk   filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi Marius, om te verhoed dat ons die thread hijack het ek 'n nuwe thread begin en reageer op [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Koi are not my whole life but make my life whole
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.koionline.co.za
Ernst

Ernst

PostSubject: Re: Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk   filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:22 pm

Well well well. I started my one line today with the new pump. No head on the pump.
Now here is the catch - I had to turn down the flow to around 14 000l/h on the line to achieve settlement in the first vortex! At full speed - besides emptying the pump chamber the water was moving so fast through the system that nothin gwas settling out. I think these pumps will do the job as predicted. let's see for how long they will work so well.

Will try to post some pics tomorrow - will have to see if my friend Bobby is around to upload them for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neville

Neville

PostSubject: Re: Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk   filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi Ernst

That is excellent news, mm on the 14000 hey. I think you wont have problems, as I have heard that these pumps have been in use in Japan and elsewhere for long time already. Do you have brushes in your cyclones. Willie Kok told me last week they now have a special brush for them.

Very interesting this could save us thousands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk   filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Exciting, I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ernst

Ernst

PostSubject: Re: Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk   filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:01 am

Some pics. Everything running quite well. some minor tweaks to do and a few leaks to fix. The flow is exeptional - that is two 75mm outlets - look at it!

I've had to choke the pump as the water was moving to fast through the settlement vortex - I'm not putting any brushes in!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk   filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:00 pm

That is very exciting and I am glad that you are happy with those pumps. I am also very impressed with them. I have now split my 75mm outlet into 2 x 50mm's to enable me to put a UV on the one line as follows and it works great. Top line runs to a "bakkie shower" and the bottom line to mid returns.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Koi are not my whole life but make my life whole
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.koionline.co.za
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk   filter - Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Filter renovations Ernst van Dyk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2