The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
plants dealers SPOTS clinofish Bead electricity babies small pumps dropsy western foam shape food bubble baytril filter growth 2011 salt Dimilin cape pond face show plant
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Orange Ogon Offer EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Orange Ogon Offer EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Orange Ogon Offer EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Orange Ogon Offer EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Orange Ogon Offer EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Orange Ogon Offer EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Orange Ogon Offer EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Orange Ogon Offer EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Orange Ogon Offer EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Orange Ogon Offer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris Neaves

Orange Ogon Offer Empty
PostSubject: Orange Ogon Offer   Orange Ogon Offer EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:05 pm

I was offered this 3 year old ogon - what do you think?

Orange Ogon Offer Article-1309880-0B11B738000005DC-848_634x434

Chris
Back to top Go down
Neville

Neville

Orange Ogon Offer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Ogon Offer   Orange Ogon Offer EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi Chris

Very nice, pity about the shimmies and I think your pond may be a bit small. I also think he will eat a bag of shogun a week.

Back to top Go down

Orange Ogon Offer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Ogon Offer   Orange Ogon Offer EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Chris, I differ with Neville. It is only a baby compared to your other fish! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

Orange Ogon Offer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Ogon Offer   Orange Ogon Offer EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:18 am

picture is a fake......no chance a guy that size would be able to hold a fish like that the way he is.....straight armed.....also check his fingers, theres no pressure on them, the fingers would have been indented into the belly on a fish of that size with the way he is holding it.

Pretty good photoshop tho Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Renrew

Orange Ogon Offer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Ogon Offer   Orange Ogon Offer EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Hi,

The picture is in fact true it is not fake, the guy in the picture is Raphael Baginini and the fish in question was caught in Lac De Saint Cassein in france. The fish weighed 30lbs. I am a carp angler like Raphael and the way the photo is taken is suppose to make the fish look bigger. Trust me he has caught ibgger fish than this and holds them up for a photo. You can easily hold a fish of 20kg up by supporting its weight on your knees.

Please keep in mind this is a wild koi that he caught in a public water it is not our intenton to catch koi, we as specimen carp anglers respect our fish and EVERY fish is released unharmed, me use specially made soft mats to unhook fish on which is covered in water so that no mucous is lost and the fish cant hurt its internal organs on the har ground, fish are kept out of the water for a maximum of 5minutes to weigh and take a photo.
Back to top Go down
Renrew

Orange Ogon Offer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Ogon Offer   Orange Ogon Offer EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:37 pm

dp
Back to top Go down
Neville

Neville

Orange Ogon Offer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Ogon Offer   Orange Ogon Offer EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:51 pm

Hi Renrew,

Thanks for posting the info. The fish really looks massive the way the photo was taken.

As nice a looking fish as it is I think it should be removed from public waters.

Certain dams in Mapumalanga and elsewhere I have heard, is so overstocked with carp you are not allowed to release them again.
Back to top Go down
Renrew

Orange Ogon Offer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Ogon Offer   Orange Ogon Offer EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi Neville,

Yes some municipality's do ask anglers to remove carp from water bodies although it is not policed at all. The general reason for this is that they believe carp are the reason for the bad water conditions we have in our natural water systems and not the raw sewage dumping and mine water dumping into rivers.

I have seen a Sake koi being caught from a dam in JHB at about 9kg in weight, i will try to find the picture on the net an post it here, i am not sure what happened to the koi but i believe it was given to a koi owner.

There are many dams where people have duped their unwanted koi in jhb like florida lake,wemmer pan,emmarentia dam and probably a lot more, to me that is quite sad and should not be done.
Back to top Go down
Neville

Neville

Orange Ogon Offer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Ogon Offer   Orange Ogon Offer EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:38 am

Hi Renrew,

You are so right about the other problems in our water, far more serious than a couple of Koi hey.

But I suppose that is another story for another day. You know the old Robinson Lake next to Randfontein golf course where on Sunday's the youngsters use to boat on and have music concerts. That is now fenced in and declared radio active site. There is not a single living organism left in that water. That dam use to be a bass fisherman's haven. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Renrew

Orange Ogon Offer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Ogon Offer   Orange Ogon Offer EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:07 pm

i have heard about that dam yes. The thing that really gets under my skin is that european countries have specific entities to control and manage their water resources, like in the UK there is the Enviromental agency(EA) that controls water quality,disease outbreaks in water systems stocking of dams with fish, illegal fish stocking etc.

Over here its a free for all and that is very sad, i remember this poster that use to hang in my science class in primary school it said something like "Only after every tree has been cut down, every river polluted, and every animal been hunted, will man realize that money can't be eaten"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orange Ogon Offer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange Ogon Offer   Orange Ogon Offer Empty

Back to top Go down

Orange Ogon Offer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1