The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
SPOTS baytril filter shape dealers cape western pond plant Dimilin 2011 growth foam salt dropsy pumps small show electricity bubble plants clinofish food babies face Bead
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Doitsu Kujaku

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:08 am

Quote :
i don't see many second hand koi selling or buying happening. Seems like there is no second hand koi market in SA. Or maybe it's happening but just don't notice it???

In SA good quality koi are very expensive so people take care from where and who they buy. To become a reliable koi dealer you have to provide KHV certificates and quarintene all new fish in seperate tanks per breeder for a minimum period of 4 weeks.

I personally will never risk buying a from an unknown dealer even if the koi is very cheap just because i don't want to risk the rest of my koi collection.

Second had koi sales do happen but it is mostly by word of mouth. In anycase if i was to sell some of my koi (meaning they become second hand) I would only sell my koi of lesser quality.

But as you said due to the risk of KHV second hand sales do not happen that often.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:19 am

I should rephrase,
People buying cheaper koi tend to be less careful than those buying expensive koi.
To get a piece of the market I would suggest start with cheaper koi first and build a very good reputation before going expensive
Back to top Go down
Marissa

PostSubject: Bling them all   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:35 am

Rezanne wrote:

In my view a pond without bling, is like a woman without at least one diamond – a total disaster and complete abnormality.
Razz

You go girl! cheers
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:36 am

Jaco wrote:
I should rephrase,
People buying cheaper koi tend to be less careful than those buying expensive koi.
To get a piece of the market I would suggest start with cheaper koi first and build a very good reputation before going expensive

I agree with Jaco. Start small, start cheap but try to keep your quarintene standards high. Make a name for yourself. If you sell sick fish the news will spread like a wild fire through the koi community and you will be without clients very quickly. Most koi keepers also check to see if a dealer is registered with SAKTA because that is suppose to give the client some guarentee and reccourse.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:41 am

Quote :
In my view a pond without bling, is like a woman without at least one diamond – a total disaster and complete abnormality.

My pond mainly consist out of high quality GoSanke but i do have 2 yellow ogons and one ginrin asagi in the pond.
Back to top Go down
sas

PostSubject: RE:   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:42 am

What do you people think of the quality of this local breed 4months old koi?

Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 OwnBreed
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:52 am

Proof it, pictures please !
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:53 am

Sas, why dont you show us these fish on the forum instead of all the other low quality koi you usually do?

The koi in the image looks very good.
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:56 am

wayneb wrote:
Quote :

My pond mainly consist out of high quality GoSanke but i do have 2 yellow ogons and one ginrin asagi in the pond.

Pictures please
Back to top Go down
Eugen

Eugen

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:57 am

ive seen his ginrin asagi its a beauty Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:58 am

Hi Wayne,

you bragging now!? Rolling Eyes

Pieter
http://southafricankoi.11.forumer.com
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Quote :
Pictures please

Quote :
Hi Wayne,

you bragging now!?

Pieter

Guys, Guys, Guys we are getting sidetracked now. Smile

The topic is "Doitsu Kujaku" not Wayne's kois. In any case i just said i did not have metalic duitso kois in my pond and stating what i had. I actually do have 2 bad Shiro Utsuri's (Ex showa) that are looking for a home. bounce
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:21 pm

sas,
The date says 10/12/2005

If they are 4months old, spawning must have taken place in July/August 2005 if locally bred, outch! Still VERY cold around here in August.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:00 pm

Maybe the date on the camera was just out. My kodak continuesly go back to 1999....ja very old 2.2 mp
Back to top Go down
sas

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:15 pm

Back into those day at 2005, i don't have a koi pond. But i have 1 male kohaku and 1 female sanke import from my small small private koi farm in Horishima of Japan, they were both +- 60cm.

Since i don't have a pond at that time, i kept them in a +-2000L containers, and i heat the water up to +-23C. And they spawn in that container. Than i raise those fry in a 1.2m fish tank, and i cull my fry every single day just to keep the number of fry down.

Keeping koi and breeding koi in tank rather than in a pond, is very common in Asia. (By the way, i don't speak English originally.) Since space is expensive, so we always try to breed koi in a small controlled enviroment.

I did an experiment with my friend in Japan, we can actually spwaning koi all year round. If we keep them in a heated and controlled enviroment. (Which is bad for the koi's health, so don't do it with your koi.)

But i lost both parent koi in an accident, air pump failure. Sad

I am only keeping low quality koi in SA now. Because i am only keeping koi for fun in SA, unlike in Japan we used to breed koi to make money.

Also, i am studying at the moment. And i am planning to do my MSC next year. So i would need to save money for my MSC, rather than koi.

But i am still planning to breed koi next year, just for fun. So, i think i will have +-100 good quality (i.e. But not very very high quality) home breed koi for myself.

SAS
Back to top Go down
sas

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:28 pm

wayneb wrote:
Sas, why dont you show us these fish on the forum instead of all the other low quality koi you usually do?

The koi in the image looks very good.

I don't have those koi anymore, because in those day i don't have a fish pond. So, i don't have space to keep them. I gave all of them to my friends, that picture was taken before the day i gave to them. I actually don't want to give them away, but i don't have a koi pond or another conatiner in those day. Sad

But in those day, all of my friends who took the koi don't know any thing about koi keeping. So, i guess most of those koi in the picture is dead now. If i have a koi pond in those day, i would have kept all of them and they should be +-55 to 60cm now.

What a pretty.... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Jaco

Jaco

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:34 pm

There are some very nice koi in that bowl.
Back to top Go down
Erwee1

PostSubject: Sas, where's the pics?   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 1:11 pm

sas wrote:
What do you people think of the quality of this local breed 4months old koi?

Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 OwnBreed

Hi Sas,
What happened to the photos? Question
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 2:02 pm

The photos does show on my system.
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 2:11 pm

And gone again. Please note that if a photo has been edited or moved or deleted on photobucket, it will also not be available on the forum anymore. Please do not move or edit photos, as it leaves an incomplete and disconnected forum (as already requested in our introduction category)
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
sas

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 5:49 pm

Admin wrote:
And gone again. Please note that if a photo has been edited or moved or deleted on photobucket, it will also not be available on the forum anymore. Please do not move or edit photos, as it leaves an incomplete and disconnected forum (as already requested in our introduction category)

Sorry, i will make sure not to delete the photo on Photobucket next time.
Back to top Go down
Erwee1

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 1:59 pm

sas wrote:

Sorry, i will make sure not to delete the photo on Photobucket next time.

Hi Sas,

Do you still have the photos? Can you put them back? Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doitsu Kujaku   Doitsu Kujaku - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Doitsu Kujaku

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2