The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
filter 2011 growth Dimilin white baytril western plants Bead babies show dealers pond SPOTS dropsy cape face electricity food bubble salt plant foam shape pumps skin
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Bonsai around the koi pond EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Bonsai around the koi pond EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Bonsai around the koi pond EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Bonsai around the koi pond EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Bonsai around the koi pond EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Bonsai around the koi pond

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

Bonsai around the koi pond Empty
PostSubject: Bonsai around the koi pond   Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:39 am

Hi, does anyone on this forum practise bonsai or have bonsai around their koi pond?

Im thinking about starting some bonsai to be kept around my koi pond...yeah another expensive hobby. Shocked I visited the bonsai nursery close to my home and got some pointers and advise and have decided to start with the Japanese Maple. I also bought a Chinese Maple for my garden around the koi pond.

I would love to see some examples of bonsai around the koi pond if anyone here has some.

Here is a example of a Japanese Maple bonsai, truly amazing, im sure i will mess a couple of trees up before i get the art of doing bonsai.

Bonsai around the koi pond C_pall_maple_001

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Http://www.KoiAdventures.co.za
Neville

Neville

PostSubject: Re: Bonsai around the koi pond   Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi Wayne

I am sure it will be a very fascinating hobby, I have allays enjoyed watching them.

I believe "patience" is the name of this game and to really be careful about the watering.

Very interesting, and yes now you are talking lots of money.
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Bonsai around the koi pond   Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Hey Wayne,

I was reading up on doing something nice on my pond, what I have decided to do is grow moss on my waterfall wall and on some areas around my pond as well. Did not know how to go about this so did some reading, what they say is you get current moss (off roacks near a river or where ever) and you put it into a blender with plain yoghurt and you get a green sludge, you then take that green sludge and paint in onto a rock that you want it to grow on, just keeping it moist from time to time and then it will start growing.

I think it will look pretty decent, going to also add it too certain rock tops around the side of the pond as well.

This is the waterfall wall I intend to have completely covered in moss.........think it would look pretty good?

Bonsai around the koi pond DSCF0143

Bonsai around the koi pond WA023567_Olympics_-_Small_Waterfall_-_Moss_480x321
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Bonsai around the koi pond   Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi Cliff, it could work except you need some water on it. Moss only grows in wet areas.

I have some moss growing on my waterfall already. i got this recipy for getting moss to grow quickly from the bonsai nursery. Take "karing melk" (no idea what that is in english) and paint it onto the areas where you want moss to take. Then seed it with some existing moss and spray some beer over the area weekly.
Back to top Go down
Cliff

Cliff

PostSubject: Re: Bonsai around the koi pond   Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Think Karing Melk is Butter Milk...this can be used as an alternative to yoghurt I read.....The stone around my pond is sand stone which is very porous, so i'm hoping it takes.....will have to test and see. Wonder why you need to spray with beer?
Back to top Go down
Neville

Neville

PostSubject: Re: Bonsai around the koi pond   Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:09 pm

No shit Guy's, beer is for drinking man you cannot waste it like that.
Back to top Go down
vossie

vossie

PostSubject: Re: Bonsai around the koi pond   Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:22 pm

ja gooi daai bier julle sal gestraf word en moenie eers die brandewyn mension nie mens mors nie met kos nie hehehehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.theltbclub.co.za
frans

frans

PostSubject: Re: Bonsai around the koi pond   Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi Wayne ek doen nie meer die bonsai ding ernstig nie maar wat ek wel ondervind het is ons inheemse bome soos die swart en wit apiesdoring doen maar die beste as jy n waterval het kan jy ok n rooi blaar rotsvy plant hy doen nogal goed so direk in die water.Ons inheemse bome is ok baie goedkoop.Die vuurdoring n tipe striuk met rooi bessie lyk ok goed en snoei maklik om n bonsai te maak.
Back to top Go down
wayneb
Admin
wayneb

PostSubject: Re: Bonsai around the koi pond   Bonsai around the koi pond EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:35 am

Moet nou eers weer gaan bier koop, is heeltemal uit dit en yogurt uit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonsai around the koi pond   Bonsai around the koi pond Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonsai around the koi pond

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1