The Koi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Koi Forum

The place where koi hobbyist's and dealers meet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
skin plants shape western bubble Dimilin baytril show food plant SPOTS salt cape dropsy pond dealers pumps 2011 face white electricity filter foam growth babies Bead
Latest topics
» New member, hallo everyone
Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am by avisagie

» Waterfall Quiet Air Pump LP-60
Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:34 am by Ronnie

» Super Acto Flo Moving Bed Bio Media
Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am by Ronnie

» Concerns about koi pond lining
Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm by radley

» Nuwe dam
Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 am by Bertus

» Help! What do o do with fry??
Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 am by Zombolina

» A magical Japanese garden
Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 The vats part 2
Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm by atb tv

» Nogyosai Nagaoka koi show 2018 the vats part 1
Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 11:58 am by atb tv

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? Empty
PostSubject: Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue?   Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 11:41 am

Daar word beweer dat n vis se geheue net ongeveer 3 sekondes strek, maar volgens n artikel deur Richard Walker blyk die teendeel. Die artikel beweer dat hy die rekord karp wat hy gevang het gereeld besoek het by die London Dieretuin Aquarium. Soos ons weet is 'n Koi 'n gekleurde Karp. Volgens Walker het hy die vis gevoer met verskillende soorte aas om te sien hoe dit sou reageer en vir 20 jaar kon hy nie die vis kry om balletjies brood deeg te eet nie. Dit was blykbaar die aas wat aanvanklik gebruik was om die vis te vang. Is dit 'n teken dat die vis nie vergeet het nie?

Last edited by on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.koionline.co.za
Noris

PostSubject: Re: Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue?   Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 1:13 pm

3 Seconds?, no way, my Koi are not afraid of me, but when someone else approach them, they hide away. They even remember my voice.

When I approach the pond to feed them, they already know from where I am going to throw food, and they even know in what direction. If I approach the pond in the middle of the day, they do not respond, because they know that feeding time is in the evenings.

Everytime after a Heron visited, you do not see them for a couple of days. They definately remember each visit, (if they survived). But, when the doves come to drink water, they will actually approach the dove, because, they remember, a dove will drink and fly off. Ok, possibly a bit of instinct also.

The story about the 20 years..... mmmhh, I don't know, but 3 seconds, ... NO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue?   Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 1:34 pm

Wel, ek weet nie hoe lank hulle geheue is nie, maar slim is 'n Koi wel.
As jy bevoorbeeld blare met 'n swembad-net van die Koi dam water afskep sal hulle tot teen die net swem, maar bring 'n "Koi net" naby en hulle vlug dadelik.
Ek het 'n 88cm GinRin Ochiba in my een dam, wat dadelik na my toe kon as ek my vingers ( soos vir 'n hond) onder die water klap,dit maak nie saak watter tyd dit in die dag of in die nag dit is nie!!!!
Dit is ook waar dat hulle die een wat hulle voer se stem en voetstappe herken, en dus weet hulle as die persoon by die dam is.
Nee, onthou kan hulle onthou................hoelank?
Julle kan my maar bad as ek weet! lol!

Pieter
http://southafricankoi.11.forumer.com
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue?   Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2007 2:17 pm

Ja Pieter, dis so waar. Ek het 'n klomp kleintjies in 'n portapool met 'n net oor. As ek die blare bo die net wat in die water hang met 'n skepnet afskep, jaag hulle die net en dit ontaard in 'n groot speletjie. Sodra ek die net afhaal is hulle weg.

Dit is so dat hulle ons herken. Ek het egter al baie gewonder of hulle mekaar herken nadat hulle vir 'n ruk geskei was, en glo wel so. Indien ek 'n vis terug sit na behandeling, selfs na 'n maand, is dit absoluut asof hulle mekaar weer dadelik herken. Hulle reageer anders as wat hulle sou reageer met 'n nuwe toevoeging.
Back to top Go down
Carel

PostSubject: Koi memories   Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2007 9:56 am

Hi
My Koi are extremely tame as far as my wife and I are concerned. When we sit at the pond, they will swim past and circle and carry on with this behaviour until we leave.
However, we were sitting at the pond a few weeks ago with a friend who flew in from Gauteng. New voice and hence only the brave older fish were still sociable. He, however, went to bed before us and while we were still sitting outside chatting the shy Koi also joined the other fish in "visiting" with my wife and I.
So, yes, they do have memories.
How long - I think the elephant wins this category.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue?   Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 9:01 pm

I bought a few new Koi from a client a while ago. This client told me that he will never use Potassium again because the previous time that he used Potassium, (a year ago) his Koi went crazy, and a few jumped out. After enquiring about the dosage he used, I realized that he overdosed.

After arrival at my premises, I gave them a normal dose of Potassium and one jumped out despite the fact that I had a net over but did not secure the net on the sides properly. He was 70cm + and probably lifted the net with force. I found him next to the pond the next morning, dead.

Last week I bought a few more from the same client. After a dose of Potassium, they too went crazy. Some of my other "feeder fish" that I keep in my quarantine pond did not react to the Potassium at all.

I am sure that this client's fish still remember the overdose of Potassium a year ago. I have never seen fish reacting against Potassium this way. Makes you think Question
Back to top Go down
Lee-Ann

PostSubject: Re: Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue?   Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:08 am

Hi There

we recently sold one of our Showa female - she was consedered the "ring leader" in the pond. The next day and for weeks to come the others were scared and refused to come and eat. I think they are missing their leader?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orientkoi.com
cmaudie

cmaudie

PostSubject: Re: Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue?   Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:25 am

My koi as hulle die glas deur hoor dan kom hulle dadelik op.
Back to top Go down
Phillip

PostSubject: Re: Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue?   Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:11 pm

When I go out, I shake the bottle filled with pelles, and by the time I reach the pond, they are there, waiting to be fed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue?   Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoe lank is 'n Koi se geheue?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1